We are happy to announce the November 2019 release of qTest Manager 9.8.3 associated with the Q4 2019 OnPremise release! Here are a few release highlights:
- Imported JIRA fields now searchable from the Data Query
- Project Admin enhancements
- Archiving qTest Projects
- Copy/paste filtered results from qTest Navigation Trees
New Features and Enhancements
Improved Usability With Jira Requirements and Release Progress Dialogues
Users are now able to close the "Retrieve Jira Requirements" and "Retrieve Jira Release Progress" dialogues. The Jira Issues Objects will still synch to qTest Manager in the background.
Next-Gen Jira Compatibility
You can now retrieve Sprints from Next-Gen Jira Projects and have them populate as Releases in qTest Manager.
Imported JIRA Fields Searchable from the Data Query
The Data Query now includes the ability to search qTest Requirements, Test Cases, and Test Runs with linked JIRA Requirement and Defect fields. This enables you to locate JIRA data that is associated with qTest much easier! You can select the following qTest data and JIRA fields/values in the Data Query Criteria fields and view the results in the Query Result grid view.
- qTest Requirements by JIRA Requirements fields
- qTest Test Cases by JIRA Requirements fields
- qTest Test Runs by JIRA Defects fields
An example query using Test Runs by JIRA Defect fields:
You must Fetch JIRA Defects and Retrieve JIRA Data from the Integration Settings page, before attempting to query JIRA fields. This manual step re-indexes your database, to allow for the query to return results using JIRA data.
- Due to a JIRA API limitation, JIRA fields that use a drop-down box for the value, display as a textbox in the value field of a clause. Example:
Below is a cumulative list of the affected JIRA fields.
For additional information on using the Data Query, read this article.
Project-Level User Management Enhancements
The Add Project Users dialog is enhanced for greater flexibility when managing your Project users. Project Admins, with the Edit Project Settings permission, can now Search for, Apply All, Add and Remove users when maintaining Projects. This enhancement is especially useful for organizations with many qTest users associated to one Project .
Additionally, a new Search Users field is available above the User List on the User Management screen. This provides a quicker approach for searching individual users when managing their Project permissions.
For more information on maintaining your Users' Projects, and Profiles read this article.
Archive qTest Projects
Site Administrators with the Manage Projects permission, are now able to archive qTest Projects without fully deleting them from your qTest Manager repository. Projects which are archived, move to an inactive state but are available for accessing historical information. Archived Projects will be visible in Tricentis Analytics. You can also restore archived Projects.
- Archiving a Project automatically deactivates the associated integrations with external ALM's.
- Archived Projects will become inaccessible via API's.
- After restoring an archived Project, integrations with external ALM's are not automatically reactivated.
Archive a Project
Restore a Project
For additional information on archiving and restoring qTest Projects, read this article.
Copy/Paste Filtered Results from qTest Navigation Trees
In the qTest Navigation Trees listed below, you can now copy/paste Modules (folders) and their containing objects with filters applied. This update allows you to choose if you want to copy and paste all objects associated with the Modules, or only objects associated with the Modules while viewing with the selected filters.
Example Use Case: You have filtered the Test Design tab, to display Modules (folders of Test Cases) and their associated Test Cases, that are very common and you wish to copy/paste those filtered Modules and specific Test Cases to another Project. This new feature allows the option to copy/paste those specific Test Cases, without having to copy all of the Test Cases within those Modules (which was the previous copy/paste option.)
- Test Plan Tree: copy/paste filtered results for Modules of Releases and Builds within the same Project
- Requirements Tree: copy/paste filtered results for Modules and Requirements within the same Project
- Copying Modules in the Requirements tab will not clone Test Cases in the same Modules
- Test Design Tree: copy/paste filtered results for Modules and Test Cases within the same Project or across Projects
- Copying Modules in the Test Design tree will not clone Requirements in the same Modules.
- Test Execution Tree: copy/paste filtered results for Modules of Releases, Test Cycles, Test Suites, and Test Runs within the same Project
Upon copy/paste, or drag/drop + CTRL, you will receive this message:
For additional information on Copy/Pasting Modules or Test Cases, read these articles:
Test Case Page Enhancements
The Test Case page within the Test Design tab now has an enhanced UI, in our continued effort to optimize qTest. Additionally, this UI redesign increases load speeds for the Test Case page when there are more than 1K Test Steps associated with one Test Case.
The following lists the new features and updates:
- A new Add button is available below the last Test Step in the Test Steps grid, so users can quickly define a new step without the need to use the Action icon.
- Using the Tab key while in the Expected Results field of the last Test Step, also adds a blank Test Step row.
- The Precondition field is removed from the Properties section and relocated to the Test Steps grid, provided the Precondition field is active in your Field Settings. This allows you to view the Precondition in the same view as your Test Steps so that you no longer need to leave the Test Case Properties open and can view all Test Step information in one place.
- The Linked Requirements change notification is now present in the top banner for greater visibility.
- Requirements are moved to a new tab. Previously, Requirements were found below the Test Case Properties and Test Steps.
- The Add Requirements module also received a new UI!
- Using the Tab key while in the Expected Results field of the last Test Step, also adds a blank Test Step row.
Ability to Define Custom Mapping Attributes for SSO Integration
Site Admins now have the ability to define custom mapping attributes for your SSO Integration. The attribute values are prepopulated by default, with the values below:
If you choose to change a default attribute value, to a custom mapping, qTest will use the new values to retrieve data from SAML responses.
The following SSO integrations are currently supported:
- Single Sign-On (SSO) Integration with ADFS Active Directory Federation Services
- Single Sign-On (SSO) Integration with Ping Federate
- Single Sign-On (SSO) Integration with Okta
- Single Sign-On (SSO) Integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
Improvements in Test Run Detail Reporting
In the Test Run dialog, users are able to add attachments to their Test Step Logs. These attachments will be included exported Excel files.
- Role-based authorization is improved to now use a One-Time Password Token (OTP.)
|31469||qTest API||There are no longer any issues related to inviting qTest users with SSO authentication via API's.|
|27637||JIRA Integration||qTest no longer allows linked non-bug JIRA issues to be created as Defects in qTest.|
|30837||Test Execution||There is no longer an incomplete scrolling issue within the Test Execution tab.|
|31928||qTest API||The Search Comment API's pagination is no longer broken.|
|31291||JIRA Plugin||If a user renamed a FixVersion in JIRA, then both FixVersions would display in the Release drop-down within the Test Execution iFrame of the qTest JIRA Plugin. This is now resolved.|
|29876||API||The Search API did not return results as expected when test steps contained HTML characters. This is fixed.|
When attempting to load and export the Audit Log in the Security tab no action would occur. This is now resolved.
Test Log APIs
When sending a POST request to the qTest V3 API /auto-test-logs URI https://api.qasymphony.com/#/test-log/submitAutomationLog the HTTP response for qTest 9.3.0 has differently formatted self relationship link URLs than version 9.5.3. This is resolved.
|27965||Defect Summary||An intermittent issue occurred when attempting to view the Defect Summary of a Release. If there were more than 50 defects in the list, the details would sometimes not appear. This is now resolved.|
|31179||Defect API||Previously, Defect API pagination would not return the expected number of defects. This is fixed.|
|Test Steps||When making amendments to Test Steps within Test Design, some users experienced not being able to save these Test Step changes when using Chrome v76. This is now fixed.|
|29892||API||Previously, Site Field names were missing from the Test Suite API response. This is now resolved.|
|29551||SSO||SSO now works as expected when using with an existing SSO session. Previously, some users experienced a lock-out, after attempting multiple logins with username/password authentication. This occurred when users were not notified in advance to utilize organizational SSO enablement.|
|27884||Site fields||There is no longer an issue with adding a new site field to an existing template.|
|30306||Test Runs||Users can now run Test Runs regardless of whether those Test Runs are shared and derived from a Test Case in a project that the user does not have permission to access.|
|29082||Site Fields Template||When viewing a Site Field Template, and navigating between the object types, not all fields displayed. This is now fixed.|
|29977||Integration Settings||Users received an "Error" message when adding requirement types in their Integration Settings. This has now been resolved.|
|Resources page||We have downgraded OAuth2 for Spring Security to version 2.0.7. This remediates the issue with users receiving an Oops error when accessing the Resources page.|
|30182||Login||qTest now accepts email addresses with the ' character.|
|32255||API||Previously, when creating Test Runs from Test Cases via the API, the Test Runs would intermittently get stuck in the que and not be created. This led to some users not being able to schedule Test Runs as expected. This is now fixed.|
|33223||JIRA Integration||An issue was encountered with JIRA Requirements no syncing properly. This is now resolved.|
|33224||Project Admin||The Project Admin User Profile could not add users to a Project. This is fixed.|
|33141||Test Case||If the Version field was disabled, users were unable to save a Test Case as expected. This is now resolved.|
|30612||JIRA Integration||When selecting the Retrieve JIRA Data button on the JIRA Integration > Requirements section, the manual sync would stall for some JIRA Server users. This is now resolved.|
|PIR-148||JIRA Integration||The JIRA integration and qTest synchronization were not performing properly for many users. This is fixed.|
|Email Notification||Many users received duplicate email notifications stating they had been assigned to a Project, or assigned to a Project as an Admin, when the users were previously assigned. This issue is now resolved.|
|33094||Data Query||The Data Query for JIRA fields were not updating as expected. This issue was related to the data sync with JIRA integration. This is now fixed.|
|23921||TestPad||Notes added to an execution log, displayed the qTest servers timezone instead of the timezone associated with the PC. The timestamp displayed in the note was UTC. This is now fixed.|
|Test Execution||Exported reports for Test Execution would not display all headers for the selected columns of the "Export Test Run Detail" feature. Additionally, after exporting, some of the previously selected fields would no longer be visible for selection again. This is resolved.|
|32588, 33264||Test Execution||Some users encountered an issue when attempting to export Test Run Details when a custom field was removed from the Test Run. This placed a null value in the selected columns for the report, which returned an error. This is now resolved.|
|33222||Notifications||Previously, notification settings were not saving properly when activating/deactivating. This is now fixed.|
The JIRA Requirements integration was not auto-linking properly in qTest. This is now fixed. Previously, some users experienced an issue with JIRA requirements already synced to qTest, when changes were made to the Fix Version/Sprint of a User Story in JIRA.