In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to upgrade qTest Parameters from 2.2.4 on a single CentOS/Ubuntu machine using Docker. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
The Q4 2019 OnPremise version did not have a version change for Parameters. Therefore, you will be upgrading from the previous 2.2.4 (with Docker deployment package 4.9) to the newest 2.2.4 (with Docker deployment package 4.10).
To request assistance with upgrading or obtain the self-upgrade links, complete the Upgrade Request Form.
Before You Begin
- qTest Parameters 2.2.4 only works with qTest Manager 9.7.1 or later.
Read the following:
Note: if you want to upgrade to qTest Parameters 2.2.4 on the same machine with other applications, e.g. qTest Manager, on Docker environment, follow this article Manager 9.7.1 to 9.8.3 Single Server Upgrade Guide for Docker
Shutdown your Previous Deployment
- Open Terminal.
- Access the directory where you extracted the previous docker deployment package 4.9, shut it down and create a backup.
Download Deployment Package
1. Download docker-deployment-4.10 package.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
2.Extract the package
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
3. Access to docker-deployment-4.10 directory
$ cd docker-deployment-4.10
Configure qTest Parameters
Choose one of the below options to configure qTest Parameters:
- Copy configuration of all applications in your previous docker deployment to the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.9 package.
$ cp -r /path/to/docker-deployment-4.9/profiles/ .
- Above command will copy the old configuration file at /docker-deployment-4.9/profiles/default.in to /docker-deployment-4.10/profiles/default.in
- Next, open the file at /path/to/docker-deployment-4.10/profiles/default.in, locate and change the version value to 4.10, as below:
version = "4.10"
2. Another option is to use ./configure command and specify parameters application that you want to configure.
- For HTTP:
$ ./configure --parameters-url "http://<public IP address of current machine>:<qTest Parameters port>" --parameters-http "<qTest Parameters port>" --cluster "<IP of Postgres docker server>"
- For HTTPS:
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --parameters-url "https://<public IP address of current machine>:<qTest Parameters https port>" --parameters-https "<qTest Parameters https port>" --cluster "<IP of Postgres docker server>"
Upgrade qTest Parameters
Execute the command below to upgrade qTest Parameters:
Start Deployment Process
Next, start the deployment process by executing startup script which will download application images and qTest Parameters components to the Docker container. It may take a while to complete depending on your network connection.
When it's done, you can access qTest Parameters and verify the new version.
Set up qTest Applications
Please follow this guide: Configure qTest Applications to complete the remaining steps to activate your account.
If the steps above are not successful, perform the following steps to rollback to qTest Parameters 2.2.4 (previous version with Docker deployment package 4.9) (docker, images, parameters, parameterslb).
Restore backup data
# cd /path/to/docker-deployment-4.9
Start qTest Parameters 2.2.4
When the restore process is complete, contact Customer Support to troubleshoot the issue with upgrading qTest Parameters.