In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to upgrade qTest Scenario from 3.1.1 to 3.2.0 on a single CentOS/Ubuntu machine using Docker. The version of qTest Scenario in this OnPremise Release is the same as in the last release, so it will not be updated to a new version. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations or upgrades.
Before You Begin
Read the following:
Note: If you want to upgrade to qTest Scenario 3.2.0 and Pulse 9.2.2 on the same machine with other applications, e.g. qTest Manager, on Docker environment, refer to Manager 9.7.1 to 9.8.1 Single Server Upgrade Guide for Docker.
Upgrade qTest Scenario and Pulse
Shutdown your Previous Deployment
- Open Terminal.
- Access the directory where you extracted the previous docker deployment package 4.9, shut it down and create a backup.
Download Deployment Package
1. Download docker-deployment-4.10 package.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
2.Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
3. Access the docker-deployment-4.10 directory.
$ cd docker-deployment-4.10
Configure qTest Scenario
Copy the configuration of all applications in your previous docker deployment to the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.10 package.
$ cp -r /path/to/docker-deloyment-4.10/profiles/ .
- The above command will copy the old configuration file at /docker-deployment-4.9/profiles/default.in to /docker-deployment-4.10/profiles/default.in
- Next, open the file at /path/to/docker-deployment-4.9/profiles/default.in, locate and change the version value to 4.10, as below:
version = "4.10"
Start Deployment Process
Next, start the deployment process by executing the startup script which will download application images and qTest Scenario components to the Docker container. It may take a while to complete depending on your network connection.
Update File to Reflect 9.2.2
- Open file `.../docker-deployment-4.9/app.config.in`
- Find the line "pulse_version='9.2.1'" and change "9.2.1" to "9.2.2" for that line and the line below (2 occurrences.)
- Restart qTest service.
To make sure the patch has been applied successfully, you can check the version number at the bottom of Pulse's web UI.
If the steps above are not successful, perform the following steps to rollback to qTest Scenario 3.1.1 and Pulse 9.2.2 (docker, images, scenario, pulse).
Restore backup data:
# cd /path/to/docker-deployment-4.8
Start qTest Scenario 3.1.1 and Pulse 9.2.2
When the restore process is complete, contact Customer Support to troubleshoot the issue with upgrading qTest Scenario.