In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to install qTest Launch 1.5.3 on a CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker, and then connect it to qTest Manager 9.8.3 on a different machine. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
Note: If you want to deploy qTest Launch 1.5.3 and qTest Manager 9.8.3 on the same machine using Docker, read the Manager 9.8.3 Single Server Install Guide For Docker.
To request installation assistance or to obtain the links to self-install, please click here to fill out the New Install Form.
Before You Begin
- qTest Launch 1.5.3 only works with qTest Manager 9.8.3 or later
- qTest Manager has been deployed using Docker on a separate machine
- Docker 17.03 has been installed. Follow these instructions to install Docker on your machine if you have not done so already.
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to device mapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 18.04 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10.
Read the following:
Download Deployment Package
1. Download docker-deployment-4.10 package.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
2. Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
3. Access the docker-deployment-4.10 directory.
$ cd docker-deployment-4.10
$ ./configure --apps "launch launchlb"
Configure the URL and Port
Deploy qTest Launch with HTTP
$ ./configure --launch-url "http://<public IP of current machine>:<launch port>" --launch-http "<launch port>" --cluster "<IP of postgres docker server>" --qtest-url "http://<qtest manager's domain or public IP address>:<qtest port>"
Deploy qTest Launch with HTTPS
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --launch-url "https://<public IP of current machine>:<launch https port>" --launch-https "<launch https port>" --cluster "<IP of postgres docker server>" --qtest-url "https://<qtest manager's domain or public IP address>:<qtest https port>"
Start the Deployment Process
The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take a couple of hours depending on your network connection.
Open your web browser, access to qTest Launch using the URL specified above in the configure command to validate if it has started successfully.
Once the installation is complete, access qTest Manager via your browser and setup qTest Launch.
Configure qTest Manager
Login to qTest Manager using an Administrator account then access the Administration page.
Go to the System Configurations page.
Next, navigate to the Miscellaneous section then enter the URL of qTest Manager into the qTest server's domain field.
Note: If qTest Manager is not running on port 80, you will need to specify the port number in the URL.
Configure qTest Launch
In the LAUNCH section, input the URL of your qTest Launch server.
- http://[qTest_Launch_IP_Address]:[HTTP_Port] if you installed qTest Launch without SSL certificate
- Or https://[qTest_Launch_IP_Address]:[HTTPS_port] if you installed qTest Launch with SSL certificate.
The URL should be the same as the value of --launch-url you specified in Step #3
Select Test Connection and wait for qTest Manager to show a message "Connected to server successfully" then Save to save the configuration.
Access qTest Launch
Follow these steps to validate that qTest Launch was installed and configured successfully.
From qTest Manager's top navigation, access qTest Launch from the nine-box icon.
You have finished installing qTest Launch on its own server.