In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to upgrade qTest Insights 1.21.5 to qTest Insights 188.8.131.52 on a single CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
Before You Begin
- qTest Insights 184.108.40.206 only works with qTest Manager 9.7.1 or later.
Read the following:
Note: if you want to upgrade to qTest Insights 220.127.116.11 on the same machine with other applications, e.g. qTest Manager, on Docker environment, follow this article Manager 9.6.1 to 9.7.1 Single Server Upgrade Guide for Docker.
Upgrade qTest Insights
Shutdown and Backup your Current Deployment
- Open the Terminal.
- Access the directory where you've extracted the docker deployment package of qTest Insights 1.21.5, shut it down, and create a backup.
Download the Deployment Package
- Download docker-deployment-4.9 package.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
- Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
- Access the docker-deployment-4.9 directory.
$ cd docker-deployment-4.9
Configure qTest Insights
To keep all applications in your previous deployment from being upgraded, override the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.9 with the directory of docker-deployment-4.8
$ cp -r /<path to your docker-deployment-4.8 package>/docker-deloyment-4.8/profiles/ /<path to your docker-deployment-4.9 package>/docker-deloyment-4.9/profiles/
- Above command will copy the old configuration file at /docker-deployment-4.8/profiles/default.in to /docker-deployment-4.9/profiles/default.in
- Next, open the file at /path/to/docker-deployment-4.9/profiles/default.in, locate and ensure the version value of 4.9, is as below:
version = "4.9"
Start the Deployment Process
- Start the deployment process by executing a startup script which will download application images and qTest Insights components to the Docker container.
Note: It may take a while to complete depending on your network connection.
- When it's done, you can access qTest Insights and verify the new version.