In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to upgrade qTest Manager from 9.6.1 to 9.7.1 on a single CentOS/Ubuntu machine using Docker machine. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
Before You Begin
Read the following:
To upgrade qTest Manager from a version older than 9.7.1, please use our old Docker deployment packages.
Uninstall your Current Deployment
If your qTest Manager is set up as a Linux Daemon on this server, you should stop it first. If not, you can skip this step.
systemctl stop qtest
- Access the directory where you've extracted the docker deployment package of qTest Manager 9.6.1 (docker-deployment-4.8), shut it down and create a backup.
$ ./shutdown $ ./backup $ ./uninstall
- Download the Docker-Deployment-4.9 Package.
Note: This package supports the upgrade of qTest Manager from version 9.6.1 to 9.7.1
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
- Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf docker-deployment-4.9.tar.gz
- Access Docker-Deployment-x.x Directory.
$ cd docker-deployment-4.9
Configure qTest Manager
To keep all applications in your previous deployment from being upgraded, override the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.9 with the directory of docker-deployment-4.8
$ cp -r /<path to your docker-deployment-4.8 package>/docker-deloyment-4.8/profiles/ /<path to your docker-deployment-4.9 package>/docker-deloyment-4.9/profiles/
Deploy qTest Manager
- Execute this command to initially set up and start the application.
The script will download the application images and qTest components to the Docker. It may take a couple of hours depending on your network connection.
- Open your web browser, and access qTest Manager using the URL specified above.
- Validate if qTest Manager has started successfully.
- Execute these commands to set up qTest Manager as a Linux Daemon.
$ ./shutdown $ ./install
- Start the service. You may need to wait for few minutes for qTest Manager to be available.
$ systemctl start qtest