Starting with qTest Launch 1.4.8, Elite users are able to schedule and kick off Tosca Test Cases against the Tosca Distributed Execution (DEX) Server. This article will walk you through steps to schedule Test Executions for Tosca Test Cases in qTest Launch.
- You have installed and configured the Tosca DEX server properly. Refer to this article for instructions.
- You have created Test Cases in qTest Manager and converted them to Tosca Test Cases. Refer to this article for instructions.
Schedule Tosca Test Case Execution in qTest Launch
To schedule Tosca Test Case Executions in qTest Launch, follow these steps:
- Login to Manager and access Launch via the app navigator.
- On the qTest Launch landing page, select the SCHEDULE TESTS button.
- The Schedule Test Run: Select Cases dialog displays. From here, enter the following:
- Schedule Name: name of the schedule
- qTest Manager Project: Project containing your Tosca Test Cases
- Host - Agent: if you are planning to schedule Test Executions for Tosca Test Cases only, you do NOT need to select an agent as the execution does not need to involve Automation Host to kick off, but only requires qTest Launch. If you want to schedule Test Executions that include non-Tosca Test Cases, select an agent associated with the Automation Host
- In the object type selection field select one of the followings:
- Requirements: this selection will list all Requirements that have automated Test Cases in qTest Manager. This includes Tosca test cases, if any.
- Test Cases: select this option to list all automated Test Cases in qTest Manager, including Tosca Test Cases, if any.
- Test Runs: this option will display automated Test Runs in qTest Manager, including Tosca Test Runs, if any.
- In this example, we will select Test Cases as the object type. The list of automated Test Cases will be shown in the tree view on the left panel.
- Select Test Case(s) from the tree on the left and then select the on + icon to add them to the Test Cases to Run list.
- Test Result Folder: select the CHANGE icon to specify a Test Cycle that the execution result will be submitted to when the schedule is kicked off.
- Next, select one of the below options to schedule a time for execution:
- To execute the test at a specific time in the future, and optionally with an option to recur, select the SCHEDULE RUNS icon. Refer to this article for more detailed instructions regarding time scheduling.
- To execute the test immediately, select RUN NOW.
In this example, we will select the RUN NOW option. The Run Scheduled dialog will display and summarize the detail of the newly created schedule. Select OKAY to finish test scheduling.
You are returned back to the qTest Launch home page. From there, select JOBS to access the JOBS View. Here, you can see all the jobs that belong to the projects that you are a member. You will see the newly created schedule on the jobs list.
Note: if you do not see the new job, make sure you have selected the right project using the Project field. You might also need to navigate to the correct page where your job is by using the pagination elements.
View Schedule Details and Last Execution Logs
At any time, you can view the detail of a job schedule by selecting the icon of the job in the list then selecting View Schedule Details in the popup menu.
A dialog will display showing the scheduled job information and the last execution log of the job.