In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to upgrade qTest Sessions 4.2.3 to 4.2.4 on a separate CentOS/Ubuntu machine using Docker. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
To request assistance with upgrading or obtain the self-upgrade links, complete the Upgrade Request Form.
Before You Begin
- qTest Sessions 4.2.4 only works with qTest Manager 9.6.1 or later.
Read the following:
- Getting Started with qTest 9.6.1 OnPremise
- If you are using an older version, you will need to upgrade to qTest Session 4.2.3 before proceeding to this version.
- It is important to review the Recommended Hardware Requirements article before you begin and Backup your Data before you upgrade.
Upgrade qTest Sessions to 4.2.4
Shutdown the Previous Deployment
- Open the Terminal.
- Access the directory where you extracted the previous docker deployment package 4.7, shut it down and create a backup.
Download the Deployment Package
- Download docker-deployment-4.8 package.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
- Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
- Access the docker-deployment-4.8 directory.
$ cd docker-deployment-4.8
Configure qTest Sessions
Choose one of the two options below to configure qTest Sessions:
- To keep all applications in your previous deployment from being upgraded, override the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.8 with the directory of docker-deployment-4.7
$ cp -r /<path to your docker-deployment-4.7 package>/docker-deloyment-4.7/profiles/ /<path to your docker-deployment-4.8 package>/docker-deloyment-4.8/
- Above command will copy the old configuration file at /docker-deployment-4.7/profiles/default.in to /docker-deployment-4.8/profiles/default.in
- Next, open the file at /path/to/docker-deployment-4.8/profiles/default.in, locate and ensure the version value of 4.8, is as below:
version = "4.8"
- Another option is to use ./configure command and specify the Sessions application that you want to configure.
- For HTTP:
$ ./configure --sessions-url "http://<public IP address of current machine>:<qTest Sessions port>" --sessions-http "<qTest Sessions port>"
- For HTTPS:
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --sessions-url "https://<public IP address of current machine>:<qTest Sessions https port>" --sessions-https "<qTest Sessions https port>"
- For HTTP:
Upgrade qTest Sessions
Execute the command below to upgrade qTest Sessions:
Start Deployment Process
- Start the deployment process by executing a startup script which will download application images and qTest Sessions components to the Docker container.
Note: It may take a while to complete depending on your network connection.
- When it's done, you can access qTest Sessions and verify the new version.
If the installation was not successful, perform the following steps to rollback to qTest Sessions 4.2.3 (docker, images, sessions, sessionslb)
- Restore backup data:
# cd /path/to/docker-deployment-4.7
- When the restore process is complete, contact Customer Support to troubleshoot the issue with upgrading qTest Sessions.