In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to install qTest Parameters 2.2.3 on a CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker, and connect to qTest Manager 9.6.1 on another machine.
Note: If you want to deploy qTest Parameters 2.2.3 and qTest Manager 9.6.1 on the same machine using Docker, read Manager 9.6.1 Single Server Installation Guide for Docker.
To request installation assistance or to obtain the links to self-install, please click here to fill out the New Install Form .
Before You Begin
- qTest Parameters 2.2.3 only works with qTest Manager 9.6.1 or later
- Docker 17.03 has been installed. Follow these instructions to install Docker on your machine if you have not done so already.
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to device mapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 18.04 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10
Read the following:
Download Deployment Package
1. Download docker-deployment-4.8 package.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
2. Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
3. Access the docker-deployment-4.8 directory.
$ cd docker-deployment-4.8
Configure the Applications
$ ./configure --apps "parameters parameterslb"
Configure to Deploy HTTP
If you are going to deploy qTest Parameters with HTTP.
$ ./configure --parameters-url "http://<public IP address of current machine>:<parameters port>" --parameters-http "<parameter port>” --cluster "<IP of Postgres docker server>"
Configure to Deploy HTTPS
If you are going to deploy qTest Parameters with HTTPS.
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --parameters-url"https://<public IP address of current machine>:<parameters https port>" --parameters-https "<parameters https port>" --cluster "<IP of Postgres docker server>"
Start the Deployment Process
The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take a couple of hours depending on your network connection.
Once the installation is complete, access to qTest Manager via your browser and start to configure qTest Manager and qTest Parameters.
Set up qTest Applications
Please follow this guide: Configure qTest Applications to complete the remaining steps to activate your account.