In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to upgrade upgrading to qTest Launch 1.4.7 on a CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker and then connect it to qTest Manager 9.6.1 on a different machine. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
If you want to deploy qTest Launch 1.4.7 and qTest Manager 9.6.1 on the same machine using Docker, check out this article Manager 9.5.3 to 9.6.1 Single Server Upgrade Guide for Docker.
To request assistance with upgrading or obtain the self-upgrade links, complete the Upgrade Request Form.
Before You Begin
- qTest Launch 1.4.7 only works with qTest Manager 9.6.1 or later
- qTest Manager has been deployed using Docker on a separate machine
- Docker 17.03 has been installed. Follow these instructions to install Docker on your machine if you have not done so already.
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to device mapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 18.04 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10
Read the following:
Upgrade qTest Launch to 1.4.7
Shutdown the Previous Deployment
- Open the Terminal.
- Access the directory where you extracted the previous docker deployment package 4.7, shut it down and create a backup.
Download the Deployment Package
- Download docker-deployment-4.8 package.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
- Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
- Access the docker-deployment-4.8 directory.
$ cd docker-deployment-4.8
$ ./configure --apps "launch launchlb"
Configure URL and port
Deploy qTest Launch with HTTP
$ ./configure --launch-url "http://<public IP of current machine>:<launch port>" --launch-http "<launch port>" --cluster "<IP of postgres docker server>" --qtest-url "http://<qtest manager's domain or public IP address>:<qtest port>"
Deploy qTest Launch with HTTPS
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --launch-url "https://<public IP of current machine>:<launch https port>" --launch-https "<launch https port>" --cluster "<IP of postgres docker server>" --qtest-url "https://<qtest manager's domain or public IP address>:<qtest https port>"
Upgrade qTest Launch
Execute the command below to upgrade qTest Launch:
Start the deployment process
The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take a couple of hours depending on your network connection.
Open your web browser, access qTest Launch using the URL specified above in the configure command to validate if it has started successfully
Once the installation is complete, access qTest Manager via your browser and setup for qTest Launch.
You have finished upgrade qTest Launch.
If the installation was not successful, perform the following steps to rollback to qTest Launch 1.4.3
- Start launch 1.4.3 server
# cd /path/to/docker-deployment-4.7
- When the process is complete, contact Customer Support to troubleshoot the issue with upgrading qTest Sessions.