This article gives a brief overview of how to access qTest Insights if you are using qTest Manager 9.1.5 or older.
As of Manager 9.3, application permissions are handled via User Groups. For more information on User Groups, please refer to this article. To access Insights, you will need to be a part of the Insights Viewer User Group. To access and edit Insights, you will need access to the Insights Editor User Group.
Contact your Site Administrator in order to arrange your User Group(s).
Add a User to the Insights Editor and/or Viewer User Group(s)
If you are a Site Administrator and want to give a qTest user access to qTest Insights, follow these steps:
- In qTest Manager, select Administration from your username drop-down menu.
- Select the Groups tab.
- The User Groups page displays. Notice the System Generated Groups. Within this group are both the qTest Insights Viewers and qTest Insights Editors User Groups. The functionality for adding users to each group is the same, so we are going to only walk through adding a user to the Editors group.
- Select the Action icon next to the Insights Editors User Group, and choose Assign Users.
- Search for your user(s) that you would like to add. Select the checkbox next to their name, and then select the right arrow icon to add them to the list of existing users of that User Group.
- Once you are done adding your user(s), select Save. The user(s) now have access to qTest Insights.
Access qTest Insights
After you have been added to the right User Group(s), you have system permission to access qTest Insights. Follow these steps:
- Select the 9-box icon, and choose the Insights icon.
qTest Insights loads and you are automatically taken to the Quality Analysis page. For more information on qTest Insights, please refer to this Quick Start Guide and other articles on the support site.