In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to upgrade qTest Scenario from 2.0.4 to 2.2.2 and Pulse 9.1.0 to 9.1.2 on a single CentOS/Ubuntu machine using Docker. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
Before You Begin
Read the following:
Note: If you want to upgrade to qTest Scenario 2.2.2 and Pulse 9.1.2 on the same machine with other applications, e.g. qTest Manager, on Docker environment, refer to Manager 9.3 to 9.5.3 Single Server Upgrade Guide for Docker.
Upgrade qTest Scenario and Pulse
Shutdown your Previous Deployment
- Open Terminal.
- Access the directory where you extracted the previous docker deployment package 4.6, shut it down and create a backup.
Download Deployment Package
1. Download docker-deployment-4.7 package.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
2.Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
3. Access the docker-deployment-4.7 directory.
$ cd docker-deployment-4.7
Configure qTest Scenario
Choose one of the below options to configure qTest Scenario:
- Copy the configuration of all applications in your previous docker deployment to the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.7 package.
$ cp -r /path/to/docker-deloyment-4.7/profiles/ .
- The above command will copy the old configuration file at /docker-deployment-4.6/profiles/default.in to /docker-deployment-4.7/profiles/default.in
- Next, open the file at /path/to/docker-deployment-4.7/profiles/default.in, locate and change the version value to 4.7, as below:
version = "4.7"
2. Another option is to use ./configure command and specify the Scenario application that you want to configure.
- For HTTP:
$ ./configure --scenario-url "http://<public IP address of current machine>:<qTest Scenario port>" --scenario-http "<qTest Scenario port>"
--pulse-url "http://<public IP address of current machine>:<qTest Pulse port>" --pulse-http "<qTest Pulse port>"
- For HTTPS:
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --scenario-url "https://<public IP address of current machine>:<qTest Scenario https port>" --scenario-https "<qTest Scenario https port>"
--pulse-url "https://<public IP address of current machine>:<qTest Pulse https port>" --scenario-https "<qTest Pulse https port>"
Start Deployment Process
Next, start the deployment process by executing the startup script which will download application images and qTest Scenario components to the Docker container. It may take a while to complete depending on your network connection.
When it has finished, you can access qTest Scenario and Pulse to verify the new versions.
If the steps above are not successful, perform the following steps to rollback to qTest Scenario 2.0.4 and Pulse 9.1.0 (docker, images, scenario, pulse)
Restore backup data:
# cd /path/to/docker-deployment-4.6
Start qTest Scenario 2.0.4 and Pulse 9.1.0
When the restore process is complete, contact Customer Support to troubleshoot the issue with upgrading qTest Scenario.