As of Launch 1.4.1, Elite users are able to schedule test execution jobs for Test Runs, Requirements and Test Cases in qTest Launch. Additionally, the jobs can be scheduled to run hourly, daily, multiple weekdays or monthly.
Important: You can only schedule jobs to run hourly in Launch and those hourly jobs will not be shown in the qTest Manager legacy 'Job View' in Automation Settings.
To schedule your test execution in Launch, do the following:
- In Launch, select Schedule Tests, and the "Schedule Test Runs: Select Cases" dialog displays.
- Enter the name of the newly scheduled job in the Schedule Name field.
- Select your qTest Manager Project.
- Select a Host - Agent from a specific host to execute the job. Note, that only online hosts having Universal Agent associated with the selected project will display.
- Filter objects to schedule tests by project and project type:
- Test Cases
- Test Runs
- Once the object filter is chosen, you can search for object(s) by name. Objects that match the filter or the search criteria are shown in the left panel under the tree structure.
- Move the object to the right panel which displays the objects that are being scheduled to run.
- To move individual items, select the blue plus sign icon.
- To move multiple objects, 'ctrl+click' and select the name of the objects and then the Add to Test Run button.
- Select a folder location for the Test Results by selecting the Change button.
- The Change Test Result Folder dialog opens and displays the Releases and/or Test Cycles in a tree structure for the currently selected project.
- If there is a Release or Test Cycle selected earlier, and it still exists, it will be automatically selected in the tree view.
- Select a Release/Cycle and CONFIRM LOCATION to save.
Note: You can only select a destination for test results if the selected object type is either Requirements or Test Cases. In other words, if you selected Test Runs as the object type, the results are submitted to the selected Test Runs, so no location needs to be set up for the test results.
- Choose the appropriate execution schedule type:
- Run Now- for immediate execution
- Schedule Runs- to schedule for the future
- In the Schedule Test Run: Set Schedule modal, choose the Select Date on the calendar to schedule the start date. Today's date will be the default.
- Select Time to begin running the schedule.
- If you want the schedule to repeat, select the Repeat checkbox, and choose the repeat cadence from the drop-downs.
- Note: the hourly repeat option is only available if you're scheduling for automation host 2.2 or later
- Select the appropriate End time radio buttons.
- The number of test cases scheduled to run will display, along with the Host and Agent information.
- Select Run Now for immediate execution of your schedule, or Confirm Scheduling to begin your schedule on the selected date/time you chose earlier.
- You cannot edit a scheduled job. You would need to cancel the currently scheduled job and create a new one.
- If you do not want a scheduled job to run anymore, simply cancel it.