Enhanced Environment for Working with Repos
Users can now link multiple Git Repositories to a single Jira Project. This is very useful for teams using "components," or, teams that are using multiple kinds of applications within the same Jira project.
IMPORTANT: Within one Jira Project, you must only link Git Repositories from the same Git Host. You cannot mix and match Git Hosts within one project. For example, I cannot have a Jira project in which are linked two Git Repositories from Bitbucket and one from Github.
I have an application with a web, Android, and iOS front end, and these are all managed in the same Jira project. Each front end is linked to its own separate BDD Git Repository from Bitbucket. Now, I can link to all three of these Repositories within my one Jira Project.
Users can now better manage branches. When configuring your Git Repository, you can now set up a default branch. You can also set up a branch on the issue.
Note: The default branch will be automatically selected when you open up the new issue. For the previous issue (linked to the feature), the previous branch will be loaded instead of the default branch.
Note: When linking your BDD feature, you can select your default branch from already-existing branches.
Compatibility with Jira Service Desk and JBehave
Jira Service Desk
qTest Scenario is now compatible with Jira Service Desk and is compatible with the latest versions of Jira (v7.12) and Jira Service Desk (v3.15x).
qTest Scenario 2.1.0 is now compatible with both .feature and .story as file extensions. This is the first step towards full compatibility with JBehave.
IMPORTANT: This compatibility is only present insofar as it supports the .story file extension. This DOES NOT mean that Scenario is fully compatible with JBehave. But, do be on the lookout for a future release in which JBehave Syntax is supported.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Ticket 17967: The BDD Scenario section is no longer at the bottom of the issue below the comments, and is, instead, below the description section.
- Ticket 19583, 19186: There is now greater pagination when searching for branches and feature files.
- Feature file names and paths are no longer forcibly changed to lowercase letters. This was affecting users' integrations with Bitbucket.
- The Scenario version number now displays at the bottom of the page.
- Users can now create, edit, and delete actions from within the Enterprise Settings tab.