In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to install qTest Insights 1.19.1 on a CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker, and connect to qTest Manager 9.3 on another machine.
Note: If you want to deploy qTest Insights 1.19.1 and qTest Manager 9.3 on the same machine using Docker, read Manager 9.3 Single Server Installation Guide for Docker.
To request installation assistance or to obtain the links to self-install, please click here to fill out the New Install Form.
Before You Begin
- qTest Insights 1.19.1 only works with qTest Manager 9.3 or later
- Docker 17.03 has been installed. Follow these instructions to install Docker on your machine if you have not already done so.
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to device mapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 16.10 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10
Read the following:
Install qTest Insights 1.19.1
Download the docker deployment package
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
Extract the Package and Access the Directory
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
$ cd <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
Configure Before Deploying
Access to the directory where you've extracted the package, and run the ./configure command to deploy the package.
The command has to include URL & port of qTest Insights
Configure to deploy HTTP
$ ./configure --insights-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<insights port>" --insights-http "<insights port>" --cluster "<IP address of qTest machine>"
Configure to deploy HTTPS
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --insights-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<insights https port>" --insights-https "<insights https port>" --cluster "<IP address of qTest machine>"
Start the Deployment Process
The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take a couple of hours depending on your network connection.
Once the installation is complete, access to qTest Manager via your browser and setup for qTest Insights.
Set up qTest Insights
- Access your Administration page.
- Under System Configuration page, scroll to section MISCELLANEOUS and enter the qTest URL into the field qTest server's Domain.
- Scroll to the Insights section and enter the Insights URL:
- http://<IP of the machine where you installed qTest Insights>:<Insights port which you've specified in the config fileTest Connection and save the configuration.
That's it! You now can access qTest Insights via its option in 9box icon
In order for the Insights Scheduler (it is to send scheduled report to your email) to work properly, make sure that you do configure your Email Server in qTest Manager's System Configuration page.