In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to upgrade qTest Insights 184.108.40.206 to qTest Insights 1.19.1 on a single CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
Before You Begin
- qTest Insights 1.19.1 only works with qTest Manager 9.3 or later.
Read the following:
Note: if you want to upgrade to qTest Insights 1.19.1 on the same machine with other applications, e.g. qTest Manager, on Docker environment, follow this article Manager 9.1.5 to 9.3 Single Server Upgrade Guide for Docker.
Upgrade qTest Insights
Shutdown and Backup your Current Deployment
- Open the Terminal.
- Access the directory where you've extracted the docker deployment package of qTest Insights 220.127.116.11, shut it down and create a backup.
Download the Deployment Package
- Download docker-deployment-4.6 package.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
- Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
- Access the docker-deployment-4.6 directory.
$ cd docker-deployment-4.6
Configure qTest Insights
Choose one of the two options below to configure qTest Insights:
- To keep all applications in your previous deployment from being upgraded, override the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.6 with the directory of docker-deployment-4.5
$ cp -r /<path to your docker-deployment-4.5 package>/docker-deloyment-4.5/profiles/ /<path to your docker-deployment-4.6 package>/docker-deloyment-4.6/profiles/
- Above command will copy the old configuration file at /docker-deployment-4.5/profiles/default.in to /docker-deployment-4.6/profiles/default.in
- Next, open the file at /path/to/docker-deployment-4.6/profiles/default.in, locate and ensure the version value of 4.6, is as below:
version = "4.6"
- After copying, please open file default.in and remove insightscheduler (since 1.16.7, Insights discontinues the old scheduler, the new scheduler is packed inside the insightsetl)
- Another option is to use ./configure command and specify the Insights application that you want to configure.
- For HTTP:
$ ./configure --insights-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<insights port>" --insights-http "<insights port>" --cluster "<IP address of qTest machine>"
- For HTTPS:
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --insights-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<insights https port>" --insights-https "<insights https port>" --cluster "<IP address of qTest machine>"
- For HTTP:
Upgrading will keep all current data of upgraded applications.
Start the Deployment Process
- Start the deployment process by executing a startup script which will download application images and qTest Insights components to the Docker container.
Note: It may take a while to complete depending on your network connection.
- When it's done, you can access qTest Insights and verify the new version.