This release includes the new Universal Agent that allows you to integrate your test automation workflow to qTest Automation Host by setting up an execution workflow with pre-defined execution scripts and commands. Your test results will be submitted to qTest Manager by the Universal Agent.
- The Universal Agent is only available from Automation Host 2.1.x and later. Upon upgrade to Automation Host 2.1.x, your previously created agents (ex: ShellAgent, TestNG) will still be visible and work as they did before you upgrade.
- The Universal Agent is only available for Elite customers
Example execution workflow for the Universal Agent:
- Setup test environment.
- Pull your source code from a source control.
- Execute the tests.
- Submit test results to qTest Manager.
To learn more about the Universal Agent and how to create and implement this new agent, check out this article: Universal Agent Overview.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Previously, on the' Jobs & Schedule' tab, the PLANNED scheduled job isn't removed when deleting all scheduled test runs. This is fixed.
- After deleting an offline host from the host list, the number of offline host did not decrease by 1.
- Previously, Launch did not update the IP address of the automation host when the IP address changed. This is now resolved.