The Universal Agent allows Elite customers to integrate your test automation workflow to the qTest Automation Host by setting up an execution workflow with pre-defined execution scripts and commands. Your test results will be submitted to qTest Manager by the Universal Agent.
Note: The Universal Agent is available in the Automation Host 2.1.0 and later. Upon upgrade to Automation Host 2.1+ your previously created agents (ex: ShellAgent, TestNG) will still be visible and work as they did before you upgrade.
Example execution workflow for the Universal Agent:
- setup test environment
- pull your source code from a source control
- execute the tests
- submit test results to qTest Manager
Below are articles that will help you build your test execution workflow using the Universal Agent.
- Create Universal Agent from qTest Launch
- Create Universal Agent from qTest Automation Host
- Universal Agent Code Snippets
- Universal Agent Settings
- Develop Custom Test Result Parser for Universal Agent
- Execute Universal Agent
- Using Magic Variables in Universal Agent