In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to upgrade qTest Insights 1.15.3 to qTest Insights 126.96.36.199 on a single CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
Before You Begin
- qTest Insights 188.8.131.52 only works with qTest Manager 9.1.5 or later.
Read the following:
- Getting Started with qTest OnPremise Summer 2018
- Prerequisite Software for qTest OnPremise Summer 2018
- Recommended Hardware Requirements
Note: if you want to upgrade to qTest Insights 184.108.40.206 on the same machine with other applications, e.g. qTest Manager, on Docker environment, follow this article Manager 9.0 to 9.1.5 Single Server Upgrade Guide for Docker
Upgrade qTest Insights from 1.15.3 to 220.127.116.11
Shutdown and Backup your Current Deployment
Access the directory where you've extracted the docker deployment package of qTest Insights 1.15.3, shut it down and create a backup.
Download Docker package of qTest Insights 18.104.22.168
This package supports the upgrade of qTest Insights from version 1.15.3 to version 22.214.171.124
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
Extract the Package
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOAD PACKAGE FILE NAME>
Access the deployment directory
$ cd docker-deployment-4.5
Choose either way:
- To keep all applications in your previous deployment being upgraded, override the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.5 with that directory of docker-deployment-4.4
$ cp -r /<path to your docker-deployment-4.4 package>/docker-deloyment-4.4/profiles/ .
- After copying, please open file default.in and remove insightscheduler (since 1.16.7, Insights discontinues the old scheduler, the new scheduler is packed inside the insightsetl)
- OR use configure command if you want to specify each application to be upgraded (for HTTP)
$ ./configure --insights-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<insights port>" --insights-http "<insights port>" --cluster "<IP address of qTest machine>"
- OR use configure command if you want to specify each application to be upgraded (for HTTPS)
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --insights-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<insights https port>" --insights-https "<insights https port>" --cluster "<IP address of qTest machine>"
Upgrading will keep all current data of upgraded applications.
Start the Deployment Process
The script will download the application images and qTest components to the Docker. It may take couple of hours depending on your network connection.