In this article, we provide instructions for installing qTest Sessions 4.2 on a CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker, as well as how to connect it to qTest Manager 9.1.5 on different machine.
If you want to deploy qTest Sessions 4.2 and qTest Manager 9.1.5 on the same machine using Docker, read this article Manager 9.1.5 Single Server Installation Guide for Docker.
To request installation assistance or to obtain the links to self-install, please click here to fill out the On-Premise New Install Form.
Before You Begin
- qTest Manager 9.1.5 is deployed and running in a separate machine.
- qTest Sessions 4.2 only works with qTest Manager 9.1.5 or later.
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to device mapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 16.10 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10.
Read the following:
Install qTest Sessions 4.2
Step 1. Download the package.
1.1 Download the Docker Deployment package provided by our Implementation Team.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
1.2 Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
1.3 Access the extracted package directory.
$ cd <EXTRACTED PACKAGE DIRECTORY>
Step 2. Configure the Applications
$ ./configure --apps "sessions sessionslb"
Step 3. Configure the URL and Port
3.1 If you are going to deploy qTest Sessions with HTTP.
$ ./configure --sessions-url "http://<Public IP address of current machine>:<sessions port>" --sessions-http "<sessions port>" --cluster "<IP of postgres docker server>"
3.2 If you are going to deploy qTest Sessions with HTTPS.
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --sessions-url "https://<Public IP of current machine>:<sessions https port>" --sessions-https "<sessions https port>" --cluster "<IP of postgres docker server>"
Step 4. Start the deployment process
The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take a couple of hours depending on your network connection.
Once the installation is complete, access qTest Manager via your browser and start to configure qTest Manager and qTest Sessions.
Step 5. Configure qTest Manager to connect to qTest Sessions
5.1 Login to qTest Manager using an Administrator account then access the Administration page.
5.2 Go to the SYSTEM CONFIGURATIONS page.
5.3 Next, navigate to the MISCELLANEOUS section, and enter the URL of qTest Manager to the qTest server's domain field:
- http://[qTest_Manager_IPAddress]:[Port] if you install qTest Manager without SSL
- Or https://[qTest_Manager_IPAddress]:[Port] if you installed qTest Manager with SSL certificate.
5.4 In QTEST EXPLORER | SESSIONS section, input the URL of your qTest Sessions server:
- http://[qTest_Sessions_IP_Address]:[HTTP_Port] if you installed qTest Sessions without SSL certificate
- Or https://[qTest_Sessions_IP_Address]:[HTTP_port] if you installed qTest Sessions with SSL certificate.
5.5 Select Test Connection and wait for qTest Manager to show a message "Connected to server successfully" then Save to save the configuration.
5.6 Now you can access qTest Sessions via the qTest Manager's nine-box icon.
You have finished installing qTest Sessions on Docker.