Table of Contents
- 1.16.9 - Jun 20, 2018
- 1.16.8 - Jun 6, 2018
- 1.16.7 - May 31, 2018
- 1.16.6 - May 23, 2018
- 1.16.5 - May 14, 2018
- 1.16.4 - May 8th, 2018
- 184.108.40.206 - May 3rd, 2018
- 1.16.3 - April 24th, 2018
- 1.16.2 - April 17th, 2018
- 1.16.1 - April 10th, 2018
Release 1.16.9 June 20, 2018
Test Case Custom Fields added to Explore Data>Test Runs Reports
This enhancement allows you to view a Test Case custom field in the Explore Data>Test Runs Report. You can view and select the Test Case custom fields in the Filter Column dropdown.
Ticket #17834: You can now save a report from the Explore Data>Requirements and open it without any errors. This has been resolved.
Ticket #17431: Test Results by Day- Previously, the graph did not save a Custom Date Range or Last xx Days. Now, you can select any Custom Date Range and save the dashboard. The selected date range displays properly to the Saved Dashboard. This is fixed.
Ticket #17468, #17556, #17655: You can apply a Global Filter for Module/Release on Explore Data>Linked Defect reports. This has been fixed.
Ticket #17674: Error selecting any data point in a specific dashboard. Data drill-down table is now correctly displayed after clicking on any point on the chart of a Saved Dashboard. This is resolved.
Ticket #17884: Previously, results were not displaying on the Test-Results-By-Day graph in a delivered PDF report. Report is now sent by the scheduler (PDF file) and the report in Insights both display the correct data value. This has been resolved.
Release 1.16.8 June 6, 2018
New Charts Added to the Carousel Gallery
The following charts have been added to the Carousel Gallery on the Dashboard:
1. Test Run Status by Project: located in the 'Test Execution' category. This chart will leverage the test run status color which is defined in Manager.
2. Defects (Linked) Priority by Project: located in the 'Defects' category. Only available for Jira and Rally defect data. This chart leverages defect status color which is defined in Manager. Only users who are using the same standard defect status value with Manager can take advantage of the color setting.
3. Defects (Linked) Status by Requirement: located in the 'Defects' category. Available for all external defect data. This chart leverages defect status color which is defined in Manager. Only users who are using the same standard defect status value with Manager can take advantage of the color setting.
Note: These charts include an additional Test Cycle filter (at the chart level) which will display all of the parent Test Cycles for the projects/releases that are selected in the Global Filter. The Test Cycle filter selected in the Global Filter will not apply to these 3 charts because they include their own Test Cycle filter. If there are duplicate Test Cycle names in different projects/releases only one will show with aggregate data.
1.16.7 Release Notes-May 31, 2018
Jira Requirement Fields
A new Settings tab is available that allows you to pull in all active Jira fields for Requirement objects (which integrate with a Jira instance.) You can drag/drop the Jira Requirements field individually from the Available column to the Selected column. The Jira Requirement fields placed in the Selected column will be available in the Explore Data>Requirements reports.
Additionally, you can edit the column heading, and column type for the Jira Requirement placed in the Selected column.
To use this new feature, do the following:
- From Insights, select the Settings tab.
- Select the Jira Requirement Field option and the Jira Requirement Field page loads.
- In the Available Jira requirements field column, locate and click to drag/drop the chosen field to the Selected column.
- (Optional) Select the Edit option to edit the column heading or column type for the Jira Requirement. This will be the display of what is available in Explore Data>Requirements reports.
- Save to save the selected settings.
- Select Reset to reset the options listed in the Selected Jira Requirements column.
Unlinked Jira Defects
Insights can now report on unlinked Jira defects, which are defects created directly in a Jira project and are not associated with a qTest Manager Test Run, even though the Jira project is integrated with a qTest Manager project.
Before this release, in the Explore Data> Defects (Linked) reports, Insights would only populate Jira defects which had a test run link (we called them "linked Jira defect.") Now, Insights will populate unlinked defects into this report.
Therefore, 3 new fields are available in the Explore Data> Defects (Linked) report so you can filter if you would like to see your unlinked Jira Defects. The new fields are as follows:
- Unlinked Defect
- Jira Project
- Jira Issue Type
Important: You will need to configure Manager to accept unlinked Jira defects. Those instructions can be found here.
1.16.6 Release Notes-May 23, 2018
Ticket #16485 - Unable to load panels in shared Dashboards - All of the charts in the shared tabs in Insights are not showing up. Fixed
Ticket #16242, #17215 - User is not able to click on Save button to save reports, the first time the pop-up opens. Fixed
Ticket #17159, #17214 - Drilldown charts in Velocity, Quality, Coverage display empty. Fixed
Ticket #17309 - Getting error when filtering the field "automated" with data of Yes or No. Fixed
1.16.5 Release Notes-May 14, 2018
'Old' Report Scheduler Removed
The 'Old' Report Scheduler is now removed from production and all On Demand customers will be using the 'New' Report Scheduler that released with Insights 1.14, on November 8, 2017.
If you chose not to migrate to the 'New' Scheduler previously, your Saved Reports are now listed as 'not scheduled' in the Schedule column as seen below.
To remedy this, read the Manage and Schedule reports with the 'new' Report Scheduler article.
Time Interval Increase for Synching Manager and Insights
The time interval for synching Manager and Insights has been increased from 5 minutes to 15 minutes in order to reduce the high load on the database server. Therefore, changes to the following in Manager will be reflected in Insights after 15 minutes:
- Modules/ Test Cycles
- color setting for Test Run Status
- color setting for Defect status
Rally Defect Data now Available in Explore Data Reports
You can now pull Rally Defect Data into the Explore Data/ Defects (Linked) and Explore Data/ Manager Combined Reports. The following field values are available:
- Rally State
Note: If a Rally defect is deleted in Rally, it will still be visible as active in Manager and Insights. Currently, there is no API from Rally to qTest to notify that a defect is deleted.
Label and Header Removed in Embedded Reports and Shareable URL Reports
The 'Embedded Viewer' label and 'Dashboard Viewer' label, along with the header bar, has been removed from reports shared with the Embed Script or Shareable URL option.
Insights 1.16.4 Release Notes-May 8, 2018
Important Deprecation Notice for the 'Old' Report Scheduler
We have planned to discontinue the 'old' Report Scheduler in the next Insights 1.16.5 Release (slated for Mon/Tue, May14/15).
Please note, that the 'new' Report Scheduler was previously implemented with Insights 1.14, which released November 8, 2017. If you have already migrated from the 'old' Report Scheduler to the 'new' Report Scheduler this deprecation notice does not affect you.
On Demand customers who have yet to migrate your report schedules will be automatically moved to the 'new' Report Scheduler, which is more reliable and schedules reports to run in your local timezone instead of the previous UTC-0.
All of your saved reports will remain, but you will lose the report schedules. You will need to reschedule your desired reports using the 'new' Report Scheduler.
To easily migrate your current report schedules to the 'new' report scheduler, follow the instructions in this article.
If you choose not to migrate your current report schedules to the 'new' report scheduler before the 1.15.6 release, your Saved Reports will become listed as 'not scheduled' in the Schedule column as seen below.
To remedy this, read the Manage and Schedule reports with the 'new' Report Scheduler article.
Suggested Action Item: Note your existing report schedules (one way is to capture a screenshot) of your current schedule from the Manage Saved Reports screen. You can use your existing report schedule as a reference when implementing your report schedules in the 'new' Report Scheduler.
Additional Fields Added to Explore Data/ Test Runs
Added 2 new fields to Explore Data/ Test Runs.
- "Build Number"
- "Build URL"
Additional Field Added to Explore Data/ Manager Combined
Added a "Test Run Priority" field to Explore Data/ Manager Combined
Tickets 16431, 16756, 16798, 16996, 17013: Unable to receive a scheduled report at the time scheduled. Fixed
Ticket 16857: Unable to see Test-case-type-weekly-trend chart: "There was a problem creating the chart". Fixed
Ticket 16998: Shareable URL fails to generate. Fixed
Ticket 16731: Unable to select priority on char because drop-down is placed behind the chart. Fixed
Hot Fix 220.127.116.11 Release Notes-May 3, 2018
Performance Improvement to Explore Data/ Test Cases
Note: Existing custom charts/ saved reports still work. However, to take advantage of this performance improvement you will need to remove old custom charts and saved reports which are built from the Explore Data/ Test Case then recreate new custom charts/reports.
Ticket #16938, #16930 - Unable to work efficiently in Insights: Slowness - Performance improved.
Insights 1.16.3 Release Notes-April 24, 2018
Release Status now Included in the Global Filter
A new Release Status option has been included in the Global Filter, which now allows you to filter Releases based on their Status and their Release Name. 'Select All' is the default status value, however, you can choose one or multiple Status options. Once a Release Status is selected, the Release Selected (name) filter will reload and display only Releases that satisfy the selected Status.
Release Date Option added to the Date Range Selector
A Release Date option has been added to the Date Range Selector that will display once a Release is chosen in the Global Filter. The following panels will update the displayed start and end dates for the selected Release(s):
- Dashboards>Dashboard Gallery>Tests Planned vs. Executed panel
- Analysis>Velocity>Tests Planned vs. Executed panel
If multiple releases are selected in the Global Filter, then the date range displayed will be the earliest start date and the latest end date for the selected Releases.
Reason Field Added to Explore Data>Defects (qTest) Report
The Reason field has been added as a column to the Explore Data>Defects (qTest) report. This column populates Reason information that is entered in qTest Manager when a Defect is created.
Updated Refresh Interval Times in the Global Filter
The Refresh Interval times have been updated in the Global Filter to allow greater flexibility. Now, you can choose from 1, 2, 5, 10 or 20 minutes. Previously, the time options were 30, 60, 90 or 120 seconds.
Insights 1.16.2 Release Notes - April 17th, 2018
- Ticket #15754 - Shareable URL is the feature for Site Administration only as they are the ones who are able to generate dashboard token (from Manager's admin configuration page). Editor will not be visible to this functionality.
- Ticket #16080 - Insights timeout when setting filter: updated script to speed up performance while loading data with user filter. This has been resolved.
- Ticket #15517, #16305, #16392, #16356, #16440: Site level field data did not populate into Insights. This has been fixed.
- Ticket #15156 - Requirement Coverage Analysis report functioning incorrectly. The following issues have been fixed:
- Joining of test runs to requirements (based on test case) to include the project id.
- The application of release filter, where release filter is not applied to test runs associated with a requirement.
Insights 1.16.1 Release Notes - April 10th, 2018
Pull Site-Level Custom Fields of Release and Test Suite into Explore Data/ Test Runs
Site-level custom fields of Release and Test Suite objects are now populated into the Explore Data/ Test Runs report.
- Ticket #12565: The Resized chart is unable to retain size when being saved and scheduled to send via email. This has been fixed.
- Ticket #16146: Remove Edit option from the Custom panel.