In this article, we provide instructions to install qTest Scenario and Pulse for OP 9.0 on a CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
To request assistance with installation or obtain the self-upgrade links, complete the OnPremise New Install Form.
Before You Begin
- qTest Scenario and Pulse only work with qTest Manager 9.0 or later.
- Docker 17.03 should be installed. Follow these instructions to install Docker on your machine.
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to device mapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 16.10 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10.
Read the following:
Note: if you want to deploy qTest Pulse and qTest Manager 9.0 on the same machine using Docker, check out this article Manager 9.0 Single Server Installation Guide for Docker.
Download qTest Scenario/Pulse
- Download the docker deployment package.
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
- Extract the package.
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
- Access the extracted package directory.
$ cd <EXTRACTED PACKAGE DIRECTORY>
Install and Configure qTest Scenario/Pulse
$ ./configure --apps "mongo pulse pulselb scenario scenariolb"
Configure URL and Port
- If you are going to deploy qTest Scenario and Pulse with HTTP:
$ ./configure --pulse-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<pulse port>" --pulse-http "<parameter port> --scenario-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<scenario port>" --scenario-http "<parameter port>”
- If you are going to deploy qTest Scenario and Pulse with HTTPS:
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --pulse-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<pulse https port>" --pulse-https "<pulse https port> --scenario-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<scenario https port>" --scenario-https "<scenario https port>"
Start qTest Scenario/Pulse
- The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take a few hours depending on your network connection.
- Once the installation is complete, access qTest Manager via your browser and start to configure qTest Manager with qTest Scenario and Pulse.
Configure qTest Manager to Connect to qTest Scenario
For Scenario 2.0, there is no configuration required between qTest Manager and qTest Scenario.
Access qTest Scenario
Follow these steps to validate that qTest Scenario was installed and configured successfully.
- From qTest Manager's top navigation, access qTest Scenario from the nine box icon.
- The Scenario home page will display in a separate browser window.
Configure qTest Manager to Connect to qTest Pulse
- Login to your qTest Manager using a Site Administrator account.
- Select Administration from the drop-down that appears when you hover over your username.
- Select the System Configurations tab.
- In the Miscellaneous section, enter the URL for qTest Manager.
- http://[qTest_Manager_IPAddress]:[Port] if you installed qTest Manager without SSL certificate
- Or https://[qTest_Manager_IPAddress]:[Port] if you installed qTest Manager with SSL certificate.
- In the Pulse section, enter the URL of your qTest Pulse server.
Note: Pulse requires both the http:// and https:// ports
- http://[qTest_Launch_IP_Address]:[HTTP_Port] if you installed qTest Pulse without SSL certificate
- https://[qTest_Launch_IP_Address]:[HTTPS_Port] if you installed qTest Pulse with SSL certificate.
NOTE: Please make sure that you have completed the SSL configuration for qTest Manager if you want to install qTest Pulse with SSL protocol.
- Select Test Connection and wait for qTest Manager to show the message "Connected to server successfully." then Save.
Access qTest Pulse
Follow these steps to validate that qTest Pulse was installed and configured successfully.
- From qTest Manager's top navigation, access qTest Pulse from the nine box icon.
- The Pulse homepage will display in a separate browser window.