In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions to install qTest Manager 9.0 on multiple Windows machines. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
To request assistance with installation or obtain the self-upgrade links, complete the OnPremise New Install Form.
Before You Begin
Read the following:
- Getting Started with qTest OnPremise Spring 2018
- Prerequisite Software for Manager 9.0 Installation Guide for Windows
Install qTest Manager with a Load Balancing Model
If your team size is large (more than 1000 total users or 250 concurrent users), use the sample load balancing model as shown below. Using the load balancing model, you will need to install and configure multiple qTest Manager application nodes on different servers using the same qTest Manager's Installation Package.
- Server 1: Manager Load Balancer.
- Server 2: Sessions Load Balancer.
- Server 3: qTest Manager application node
- Server 4: qTest Manager application node. You can add as many application nodes as you need for your team size. In this example, we have 2 application nodes.
- Server 5: qTest Sessions application node.
- Server 6: qTest Sessions application node.
- Server 7: qTest Insights
- Server 8: qTest Parameters, Launch, and Pulse
- Server 9: Prerequisite applications, including Redis, RabbitMQ, and elasticsearch.
- Server 10: Prerequisite applications, including a shared network drive, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL.
- A shared network drive is configured on Server 10. It should be accessible from all Application nodes to store attachments and search index.
- All application nodes must use the same PostgreSQL database as you created above and RabbitMQ virtual host.
- You will need to configure the Application nodes with your Load Balancer. You can use any load balancing tools or services which are being used in your organization. We do not provide the instruction to configure the Load Balancer.
- Your team members can access qTest Manager via the URL in the application nodes as configured in the Load Balancer.
Set up a Shared Network Drive
You will need to create a directory under a shared network drive which is accessible from all application nodes. Please read the Set Up a Shared Directory Using NFS - Windows article to set up your shared network drive using NFS.
Install an Application Node
Installing an application node follows the same instructions as installing qTest Manager on a single server. Please read the Manager 9.0 Single Server Installation Guide for Windows. You can add as many nodes as you need.
Configure the Load Balancer
You will need to use any proxy tools (such as HAProxy, nginx) which are available in your organization to configure the Load Balancer.
After setting up the Load Balancer, your users can access qTest Manager using the URL configured in the Load Balancer.