Notes: if you are developing mobile application that target Android 6 or later that integrates with Mobile eXplorer Agent, make sure you enable app permissions on Android 6.0+ devices when deploying your application to that Android device.
This section will show you how to integrate qTest Mobile eXplorer Agent to your application on Android devices in Android Studio.
- IntelliJ IDE can open Eclipse project. We don’t support integration for this type and recommend you to using Eclipse IDE instead (Please go back to section 5.1)
- If you want to convert it to Android Studio IDE, please follow instruction in Android Developer Site: https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/migrate.html
These are the steps that you need to go thru:
- AndroidStudio: 1.0.+
- IntelliJ CE 14.0.+/ IntelliJ Ultimate 14.0.+
- Old versions: please lookup Question 3 in Trouble Shooting.
- AndroidStudio: 1.0.+
- IntelliJ: 0.14.+
- Android SDK
- Android NDK
- Android Build Tool 21.1.2
- Android Support Library 21.0.3
You have to make sure your project work properly before we go to steps below.
Step 1: Download Mobile eXplorer Agent
In first step, you need to download the Mobile eXplorer Agent from HERE
Step 2: Add Mobile eXplorer Agent to your project
- Extract “Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_AndroidStudio.zip” archive file, you will get folder with name “Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_AndroidStudio”
- Open your project in Android Studio/IntelliJ
- Copy “Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_AndroidStudio” folder to your project root folder. In Mac you can use Finder, in Windows you can use Explorer to do that
- Back to Android Studio/IntelliJ, project will auto refresh, if not you have to refresh by click File->Synchonize
- Open Project Panel->Select Project in Combo Box, you can see a folder “Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_AndroidStudio”
- Change “Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_Studio” to Android Library Module.
- To avoid effective to your project, we suggest you create new build flavor from active flavor to enable Mobile_eXplorer. If your project has multiple flavors, clone a flavor from active flavor. Otherwise you have to create 2 flavors, one will run without Mobile eXplorer Agent (active flavor) and another one will run with Mobile eXplorer Agent.
- If using IntelliJ IDE, change module “Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_AndroidStudio” build script file.
Step 3: Enable Mobile eXplorer Agent on your app
- Configure Mobile eXplorer Settings
Step 4: Build and Release your application
Now you finish integrating Mobile eXplorer into your testing application, please build and run.