Retrieving Requirements from VersionOne
A. Configure Requirement Integration with VersionOne
Users can optionally turn Requirement Integration feature on to retrieve V1 objects and import into qTest as Requirements.
To configure, follow steps below:
- Turn the Activation of Requirement Integration feature on
- Click Add Requirement Type button
- Select V1 projects and object types to retrieve. Mapped V1 objects from selected V1 projects will be imported into qTest as Requirements.
- Click Configure icon to open Edit Data Retrieval screen and configure for each V1 object type.
- On Edit Data Retrieval screen, qTest displays all V1 object fields of your selected type. You can:
- Check Active for V1 object fields you want to display on qTest Requirement's pages
- Click Refresh Fields Setting button to reload the latest field configuration from your V1 instance.
- You can retrieve either data of all V1 object types or any specific types you map
- Click Retrieve VersionOne Data button to populate the latest data of all mapped V1 object types.
- Click Re-Populate icon to get the latest data of specific mapped V1 object type.
- In specific imported V1 imported Requirements in qTest, click Retrieve data to reload the latest data of that V1 object.
B. Viewing mapped V1 objects on qTest Requirement
Imported V1 objects will be treated as Requirements in qTest. By default, these integrated requirements will be loaded into a common Module folder named "Imported from VersionOne" as below
- Imported V1 object are represented by special integration icons to differ from internal qTest Requirements .
- An imported V1 object has 2 Properties sections: VersionOne's Properties and qTest's Properties
- V1's Properties contain Active V1 object fields configured in Edit Data Retrieval screen. These Properties are Read-only. qTest Properties contain all qTest Requirement's fields, excluding Description.
- Currently, V1 fields CANNOT be used for Searching or Query in qTest.
- qTest will poll V1 every 2 minutes to get the updated + new objects. But you have to Re-select, Reload, or Refresh to get the updated data of V1 objects you're standing on.
- Imported V1 objects can be copied or moved across Modules within a qTest Project to re-organize Module Structure.
- Copied objects will become qTest Requirement which only retains Description of V1 objects.
- Moved objects' Properties will remain unchanged
- Imported V1 objects can be associated to qTest Test Cases
- V1 IDs of imported objects will be included in Requirements and Test Execution Results Report
- An object in V1 has 2 different types of ID: the display ID and the OID. Those ID are displayed in qTest as below:
C. Linking qTest objects with Requirements imported from V1
Imported V1 objects can be linked to qTest Test Cases. The linking with qTest Test Cases will be generated in the corresponding V1 object's Links section.
- When you link or create associated Test Cases to an Imported V1 object, qTest also generates a link under the corresponding V1 object.
- When you remove associated Test Cases in the imported Requirements, the corresponding object links in V1 will not be removed. It is a limitation for now we are looking to address in a future release.