Retrieving Requirements from Rally
A. Configure Requirement Integration with Rally
You can optionally turn Requirement Integration on to retrieve Rally user stories and import into qTest as Requirements.
To specify which Rally projects and user stories to be retrieved as qTest Requirements, follow steps below:
- Turn the Activation of Requirement Integration feature on.
- Click Add Requirement Type button.
- Select Rally projects and User Story as object type to retrieve. User stories from selected Rally projects will be imported into qTest as Requirements.
- Click Configure icon to open Edit Data Retrieval screen and configure for user stories in each selected Rally project.
- On Edit Data Retrieval screen, qTest displays all Rally's user story field. You can:
- Select to retrieve get data from all Rally objects or from a query. Click here for how to write a Rally query.
- Check Active for Rally user story's fields you want to display on qTest's Requirement pages.
- Click Refresh Fields Setting button to reload the latest field configuration from your Rally instance.
- You can retrieve either data of all Rally user stories or from each project you map.
- Click Retrieve Rally Data button to populate the latest data of all mapped Rally user stories.
- Click Re-Populate icon to get the latest data of user stories from a specific project.
- In specific imported Rally user story in qTest Requirements, click Retrieve data to reload the latest data of that Rally user story.
B. Viewing imported Rally user story on qTest Requirement
Imported Rally user stories will be treated as Requirements in qTest. By default, these integrated requirements will be loaded into a common Module folder named "Imported from Rally" as below:
- Rally imported requirements are represented by special integration icons ,to differ from internal qTest Requirements .
- An imported requirement from Rally has 2 Properties sections: Rally's Properties and qTest's Properties
- Rally's Properties contain Active Rally user story's fields configured in Edit Data Retrieval screen. These Properties are Read-only. qTest Properties contain all qTest Requirement's fields, excluding Description.
- Currently, Rally fields CANNOT be used for Searching or Query in qTest.
- qTest will poll Rally every 2 minutes to get the updated + new user stories. You have to Re-select, Reload, or Refresh to get the updated data of Rally imported Requirements you're standing on.
- Imported Rally user stories can be copied or moved across Modules within a qTest Project to re-organize Module Structure.
- Copied issues will become qTest Requirement which only retains Description of the Rally object.
- Moved issues' Properties will remain unchanged
- Imported requirements can be associated to qTest Test Cases
- Rally IDs of imported requirements will be included in Requirements and Test Execution Results Report
C. Linking qTest objects with Requirements imported from Rally
When a Test Case is created and linked to a Requirement imported from Rally into qTest, a Test Case is also automatically generated and linked to that User Story in Rally.
- Although qTest allows to link a Test Case to multiple User Stories imported from Rally, Rally limits One Test Case's Association to only One User Story. Thus only the first associated User Story will be displayed in that Test Case in Rally.
- Test Cases and their associations with User Stories will not be updated or removed in Rally, regardless of any changes in qTest.
- In the Rally Test Case, the link to the corresponding Test Case in qTest is put in its Description field.