You can create a defect that is not linked to any Test Runs. It is considered as an ad-hoc defect that is randomly detected during the testing process. To create a Defect, you need the Create Defects permission.
- Go to Defects menu.
If you don't have permission on qTest or the Project integrates with an external Defect Tracking System, the qTest Defects menu will be hidden, and you cannot submit Ad-hoc Defects.
- Click the New Defect button to open a New Defect Submission Form
- Fill out all required and necessary fields in Details section
- Enter Description and add Attachments for Defect.
- Click Save or Save & Close button to submit Defect to qTest's Defect Tracking System
- The Comment textbox will display in Defect Form after saving the new Defect.
- The linked Test Runs section is "read-only". If you submit a new Defect, there is no Test Runs shown in the Linked Test Runs section. If you manually link the Defect to a Test Run, it will be automatically updated in the linked Test Runs section.