qTest allows users to customize Field Settings of individual objects to meet project's requirements. To customize Field Settings, you need the Manage Project Settings permission.
- Go to Project Settings and select Field Settings
- Select an object from the left Artifacts menu
- In the corresponding Fields list, select any field by clicking its Display Name hyperlink. You can select either System or Custom Field to edit.
- Click Add Custom Field button to create more fields for selected objects. Refer to Creating Custom Fields.
- Check/uncheck Active box of fields to show/hide them on object's Properties
- Re-arrange fields' display on object's Properties using Drag & Drop fields or Move Up & Down arrows
- Click Delete icon in Configure column to remove Custom Fields from selected object's Properties.
System Fields CANNOT be deleted.
- Click Preview button to preview the Field Settings
- Click Reload button to update the latest Field Settings
- Click Save button to submit the Field Settings
- Depending on Field Types and Value Formats, you can edit them differently. Refer to Editing System Field Types or Editing Custom Field Types
- You can only Delete Custom Fields, not System Fields.
- You cannot change a Custom Field's Type once it is created.