qTest allows you to define Searching Properties for both System and Custom Fields. Once a field is set as Searchable, you can search qTest's Objects using Search key you define or Free-text Seaching. Refer to Searching to use correct syntax for searching objects.
Search Properties of a field include:
- Searchable check-box: to set a field as Searchable or Unsearchable.
- All System Fields have Searchable checked or unchecked by default. You cannot edit them.
- All System and Custom Fields as Date-Picker, Auto-filled, and User-list types are Unsearchable. This option will be grey out in those fields.
- There are some other System Fields that are Unsearchable, including Target Release/Build, Environment, Test Data Source of Test Suite, and Affected Release/Build, Fixed Release/Build, Module, Target Release/Build of Defect.
- Search key text-box and Free-text Searching will be enabled when Searchable is checked.
- Search key box: to define your key word being used in Search Syntax for specific fields.
- You can define or edit Search key of System and Custom Fields
- A Search key must have maximum 5 alphabetical characters only without space.
- Search key is case insensitive and must be unique within an Object
- Search key CANNOT be "obj".
- Refer to Searching for table of Default Search Keys of qTest System Fields.
- Free-text Searching check-box: to set a field's search alternative using free-text.
- Free-text Searching is available for all Searchable fields