In this article, we'll walk you through how to create dashboard and save dashboard with specific filters.
Create New Dashboard
NOTE: This functionality is available from Insights version 1.15
Besides using the built-in dashboards (Shared and Personal ones as mentioned in the previous section), user also has ability to create multiple dashboards.
- Click "Create Dashboard", a new blank untitled dashboard will be created.
- Add panels you want into this blank dashboard
- Name the dashboard: Click Gear icon, select "Rename" to name your dashboard and save it
Action on a Dashboard:
- Rename: Name your dashboard
- Duplicate: Copy a dashboard
- Delete: Delete a dashboard
- New: Create a new blank dashboard
Once your dashboard is created, you can find it in the Dashboards > Manage page, under Available Dashboards section.
Note: You need Insights edit permission in order to create dashboard. Your newly-created dashboard will be accessible and editable by other editors.
Save Dashboard with Filter
Open a dashboard, from the slide-out Global Filter, click "Save with Filters" button. Your dashboard with its current filter will be saved into a version which we call a "Saved with Filters" dashboard
This feature is useful when you want to create many versions of the same dashboard for different projects, each with different filters applied.
Once this saved-with-filters dashboard is created, you can find it in the Manage page, under Saved with Filters/ Personal section. That said, only you can see the this version of the dashboard. You also can share it to other editors.
Only Editor can perform this "Save Dashboard with Filter" functionality.
If you make changes to a dashboard's content (add/remove, drag/drop panels), its associated saved-with-filters versions will also change accordingly, although the filters in those versions remains unchanged.
There are 3 sections in Manage page.
- Available Dashboards: To manage all user-created dashboards
- Saved with Filters/ Personal: Personal Saved-with-Filters dashboards
- Saved with Filters/ Shared: Shared Saved-with-Filters dashboards
- Show in Menu: This option is only available for user-created dashboards and shared Saved-with-filters dashboards.
- Share Dashboard: Share a personal saved-with-filters dashboard
- View Dashboard: open the dashboard in a new tab
- Rename Dashboard: rename the dashboard
- Delete Dashboard: Delete a dashboard. If you delete a dashboard which has associated saved-with-filters versions, the saved dashboards will also be deleted.
Check this article for how to build a dashboard (add/ remove panels, arrange Dashboard layout)