To request installation assistance or to obtain the links to self-install, please click here to fill out the New Install Form.
In this article, we'll run you through installing qTest Parameters 2.1 on a CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker and connect to qTest Manager 9.0 on another machine.
Note: if you want to deploy qTest Parameters 2.1 and qTest Manager 9.0 on the same machine using Docker, check out this article Manager 9.0 Single Server Installation Guide for Docker.
Before you begin
- Follow this article Getting Started with qTest OnPremise 9.0 - Spring 2018 to get an overview of qTest OnPremise deployment
- qTest Parameters 2.1 only works with qTest Manager 8.4 or later
- Your machine needs to satisfy qTest's recommended hardware requirement
- Docker 17.03 has been installed. Follow these instructions to install Docker on your machine
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to device mapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 16.10 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10
Installing qTest Parameters 2.1
1. Download package
Download docker deployment package
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
Extract the package
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
Access to extracted package directory
$ cd <EXTRACTED PACKAGE DIRECTORY>
2. Configure applications
$ ./configure --apps "mongo parameters parameterslb "
3. Configure URL and Port
3.1 If you are going to deploy qTest Parameters with HTTP
$ ./configure --parameters-url "http://<public IP address of current machine>:<parameters port>" --parameters-http "<parameter port>”
3.2 If you are going to deploy qTest Parameters with HTTPS
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --parameters-url "https://<public IP address of current machine>:<parameters https port>" --parameters-https "<parameters https port>"
4. Start the deployment process
The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take couple of hours depending on your network connection.
Once the installation is complete, access to qTest Manager via your browser and start to configure qTest Manager and qTest Parameters.
5. Configure qTest Manager to connect to qTest Parameters
5.1 Login to qTest Manager using administrator account then access to Administration page.
5.2 Go to SYSTEM CONFIGURATIONS page.
5.3 Next, navigate to MISCELLANEOUS section then enter the URL of qTest Manager into qTest server's domain field. Note: if qTest Manager is not running on port 80, you have to specify the actual port number in the URL.
5.4 In PARAMETERS section, input the URL of your qTest Parameters server
- http://[qTest_Parameters_IP_Address]:[HTTP_Port] if you installed qTest Parameters without SSL certificate.
- https://[qTest_Parameters_IP_Address]:[HTTP_port] if you installed qTest Parameters with SSL certificate.
5.5 Click Test Connection and wait for qTest Manager to show a message "Connected to server successfully" then click Save to save the configuration.
5.6 Now you can access to qTest Parameters via qTest Manager's nine-box icon
You have finished installing qTest Parameters on its own server using Docker.