In this article, we provide instructions to upgrade qTest Sessions 4.0.2 to 4.1 on multiple CentOS/Ubuntu Machines. Please read the instructions thoroughly before starting your installations.
Before You Begin
- qTest Sessions 4.1 only works with qTest Manager 9.0 or later.
- This guideline is verified on CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 16. If you are using other versions, please contact our Customer Support.
- If you are using an older version, you will need to upgrade to qTest Session 4.0.2 before proceeding to this version.
Read the following:
- Getting Started with qTest OnPremise Spring 2018
- Prerequisite Software for qTest OnPremise Spring 2018 for Linux (non-Docker)
- Recommended Hardware Requirements
- Backup your Data before you upgrade.
NOTE: This diagram is one example of how to deploy qTest OnPremise with the load balancing model. More information and examples are provided in the Selecting your OS and Deployment Model article.
Upgrade qTest Sessions
In the Load Balancing model, there are multiple application nodes (qTest Sessions Server #2 and qTest Sessions Server #3 in the above diagram). You will need to upgrade each node.
Upgrading an application node will follow the same set of instructions as upgrading qTest Sessions on a single server. Please follow these instructions.
This step is to ensure qTest Manager is able to connect to qTest Sessions through the qTest Sessions Load Balancer.
- Login to qTest Manager using the Site Administrator account.
- Navigate to the Site Administration page.
- Select the System Configurations tab.
- In the Miscellaneous section, enter the qTest Manager URL.
- http://[qTest_Manager_IPAddress]:[Port] if you installed qTest Manager without an SSL certificate. OR
- https://[qTest_Manager_IPAddress]:[Port] if you installed qTest Manager with an SSL certificate.
- In the QTEST EXPLORER | SESSIONS section, ensure the value of qTest Explorer | Sessions URL field is set to the public IP address of qTest Sessions Load Balancer, as in this screenshot.
- Select Test Connection and wait for qTest Manager to display the message "Connected to server successfully."
- Now you can access qTest Sessions and verify the new version.