To request installation assistance or to obtain the links to self-install, please click here to fill out the New Install Form.
In this article, we'll run you through installing qTest Sessions 4.1 on a CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker and then connect it to qTest Manager 9.0 on different machine.
Note: if you want to deploy qTest Sessions 4.1 and qTest Manager 9.0 on the same machine using Docker, check out this article Manager 9.0 Single Server Installation Guide for Docker.
Before you begin
- Follow this article Getting Started with qTest OnPremise 9.0 - Spring 2018 to get an overview of qTest OnPremise deployment
- qTest Manager 9.0 has been deployed and running in a separated machine
- qTest Sessions 4.1 only works with qTest Manager 9.0 or later
- Your machines need to satisfy qTest's recommended hardware requirement
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to device mapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 16.10 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10
Install qTest Sessions 4.1
1. Download package
Download docker deployment package
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
Extract the package
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
Access to extracted package directory
$ cd <EXTRACTED PACKAGE DIRECTORY>
2. Configure applications
$ ./configure --apps "sessions sessionslb"
3. Configure URL and Port
3.1 If you are going to deploy qTest Sessions with HTTP
$ ./configure --sessions-url "http://<Public IP address of current machine>:<sessions port>" --sessions-http "<sessions port>" --cluster "<IP of postgres docker server>"
3.2 If you are going to deploy qTest Sessions with HTTPS
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --sessions-url "https://<Public IP of current machine>:<sessions https port>" --sessions-https "<sessions https port>" --cluster "<IP of postgres docker server>"
4. Start the deployment process
The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take couple of hours depending on your network connection.
Once the installation is complete, access to qTest Manager via your browser and start to configure qTest Manager and qTest Sessions.
5. Configure qTest Manager to connect to qTest Sessions
5.1 Login to qTest Manager using administrator account then access to Administration page.
5.2 Go to SYSTEM CONFIGURATIONS page.
5.3 Next, navigate to MISCELLANEOUS section, enter URL of qTest Manager to qTest server's domain field:
- http://[qTest_Manager_IPAddress]:[Port] if you install qTest Manager without SSL
- Or https://[qTest_Manager_IPAddress]:[Port] if you installed qTest Manager with SSL certificate.
5.4 In QTEST EXPLORER | SESSIONS section, input the URL of your qTest Sessions server:
- http://[qTest_Sessions_IP_Address]:[HTTP_Port] if you installed qTest Sessions without SSL certificate
- Or https://[qTest_Sessions_IP_Address]:[HTTP_port] if you installed qTest Sessions with SSL certificate.
5.5 Click Test Connection and wait for qTest Manager to show a message "Connected to server successfully" then click Save to save the configuration.
5.6 Now you can access to qTest Sessions via qTest Manager's nine-box icon
You have finished installing qTest Sessions on Docker.