View Host Machine
To view the details of a specific host machine, click the host name in the Hosts list, as shown in the screenshot below.
The host detail pop-up will show:
- Basic information of the host, including: Host Name, Version, Status, Polling Frequency, IP Address, MAC Address, Operating System
- Tags: Tags that are associated with the host
- Jobs & Schedule tab: Shows jobs being scheduled at the host within 7 days of the current per week. You can navigate back and forth between weeks to view jobs and schedule. You can also select a specific weekday to view the jobs and schedule in that day. By default, jobs and schedule the of current day is shown in the list.
- Agents: Shows all agents running at the host including: Agent Name, Agent Type, Project that the agent is associated to, its status and # of jobs being queued from that agent
Edit Host Information
Edit Polling Frequency
To edit Polling Frequency, click on the Change link next to the Polling Frequency field and select one of the pre-defined values: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes or 30 minutes.
Note: The change is saved automatically and will take effect next time the host machine polls to the Launch.
Tags are additional information on a host machine. They are useful for searching for hosts that contain specific tags from the Launch homepage.
1. To add a new tag to the host, enter the tag name in the Tags field and click Enter. If the input name does not exist, a new tag with that name will be created and associated with the host. You can add as many tags as you want.
2. To remove an existing tag from the host, click on the X icon next to the tag name. The change will be saved automatically.
Manage Agents From the Host
To view and manage agents from the host, click on the Agents tab. All the agents running in the host are shown in the agent list.
View Logs of an Agent
You can view the latest logs of an agent by clicking on the icon in the last column of the agent and selecting View Logs from the pop-up menu.
The console log and agent log dialogs will be displayed.
To edit an agent, click on the icon in the last column and select Edit from the pop-up menu.
The edit agent will be presented, which allows you to edit the agent information.
To delete an agent, click on the icon in the last column and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
To deactivate an agent, click on the icon in the last column and select Deactivate from the pop-up menu.
You can activate an inactive agent by clicking on the icon in the last column and selecting Activate from the pop-up menu.
Bulk Edit Multiple Agents
To apply an editing action, e.g. Delete, Activate or Deactivate to a multiple agents at a time, select agents from the list by checking the checkbox in the first column of each agent, then selecting an action from the Actions group.
Add New Agent to the Host
To add new agent to the host, switch to the Agents tab and click on the + New Agent button. Enter information for the new agent in the New Agent dialog.
The following articles demonstrate how to create an agent specific to each of these agent types:
- Create TestNG for Java Agent
- Create JUnit for Java Agent
- Create Cucumber for Java Agent
- Create JBehave for Java Agent
- Create Unified Functional Testing (UTF) Agent
- Create Shell Agent