The Launch homepage shows high-level information about all registered automation Host Machines as well as the Jobs associated with the Hosts. From here, quickly view the following:
Filter Hosts and Jobs
Quickly filter and search for host machines and Jobs by entering search criteria for one or more of the fields below:
- Projects: Search for hosts that have an agent associated or Job associated with the selected project(s)
- Host name: Search for hosts whose name contains the inputted value
- Status: Search for hosts that have Online or Offline status. If no status is selected, hosts both Online and Offline hosts will be returned
- Tags: Search for hosts whose tag contains the tag(s) you select in the drop-down
- Hosts/Jobs toggle: This will change the information that displays in the table section of the screen
- When you select or change the value in the Projects, Status or Tags fields, or by pressing the Enter key after entering a value in the Host name field, the filter will be executed (or re-executed) immediately.
- The values you entered in the filter panel are shown as tokens under the filter panel. You can click on the 'X' button on each filter token to remove the filter and let the filter be re-executed
Hosts and Jobs Summary
- Hosts: Shows total hosts that match the current filter, the number of Online and Offline hosts, as well as information about the operating system those hosts are running on
- Jobs: Shows the total number of jobs scheduled for the current week on machines that match the current filter, as well as execution results.
This list shows all automation host machines that match the current filter criteria.
Each host is displayed in a separate row containing:
- Host Name: The name of the host machine.
- Status: The Online or Offline Status of each host machine.
- Version: Host machines Version 2.0 and above will show the version number of the installed software.
- Jobs Scheduled: The total number of jobs schedule within the current week. Only jobs that are not yet executed are included in the sum.
- Agents: The total number of automation agents configured on the host machine.
- Polling Frequency: The configured polling frequency for that host machine. This is the frequency with which the host machine reaches out to qTest Launch or Manager to check for updates to its configuration, or to see if new jobs have been scheduled.
The pagination widget at the top of the page lets you navigate back and forth between pages. From here, you can also change the number of hosts displayed per page by selecting a different value from the #Rows drop-down.
Tip: Click on column header to sort the list, from ascending to descending and vice versa.
The Job Level view allows you to view and manage all of the automation jobs that you have created across your Automation Hosts. Any filters selected for Project, Host, or Tag will stick when toggling your view between Hosts and Jobs.
Each Job will be listed, in a single row, with the following information displayed:
- Schedule Name: The name of the schedule.
- Next Run: Displays the date/time of the next run for the job.
- Last Run: Displays the date/time of the last run for the job.
- Repeat: The frequency of when the job will be run.
- Host-Agent: The name of the host machine and the agent that will execute the job.
- Tests: Number of requirements, test cases or test runs that were selected to be executed
- Planned: the job is scheduled to be executed in the future
- Not Run: the job execution is due and will be executed next time the Automation Host polls to qTest Launch
- Running: the job was picked up and is being executed by the Automation Host
- Completed: the job execution has been completed
- Canceled: the job was canceled by the user
- Last Run Status: The last run status of the automation job.
- Action: The actions will change based on job status.
- Status of Not Run: Action = View, Cancel
- Status of Planned: Action = View, Delete occurrence, Delete series
- Status of Completed: Action=View
- Status of Cancelled: Action=Delete
- Status of Failed: Action=View
The pagination widget at the top of the Job information table lets you navigate back and forth between pages. From here, you can also change the number of scheduled jobs displayed per page by selecting a different value from the #Rows drop-down.
Note: The Schedule name will appear in red font in the event that a Test Run, associated with a schedule, was deleted in qTest Manager. Therefore, the scheduled job will not be executed by the Automation Host and as a result, will not be submitted to the deleted Test Run. The Schedule is displayed for user awareness only.
View Scheduled Jobs Information
To view your jobs based on the schedule you established:
- From the job view, select the blue hyperlink for the Schedule Name.
- The Schedule dialog will open and provides read-only access for the details of the job.
- The blue hyperlink in the Results Folder field will navigate you to the test results associated with this job. You must have access to the qTest Manager Project to view them.