Starting from qTest Parameter 2.0, the import datasets functionality allows you to import one or multiple datasets at a time into qTest Parameters. All you need to do is to prepare an Excel file that conforms to the pre-defined template that includes datasets, parameters and values to be imported.
To import Datasets, click on Import button from Datasets tab
The Import Datasets window is displayed
From here, you can:
- Pick an Excel file from your local machine containing datasets data to import into the system. Note: your file must follow the pre-defined template in order for the system to recognize it
- Associate the datasets being imported with qTest Manager projects that you can access to. By default, all projects are associated, however you can click on + PROJECT button and deselect projects that you do not want the datasets to associate to
- Optionally, you can select whether you want to skip parameters in your importing datasets if they are already inactive or archived in the system
After providing enough information, click IMPORT button to start importing datasets.
When importing process finished, you will be presented with a Import Datasets Result window where you can view the imported datasets being arranged horizontally as a tab page. Click on each dataset name will allow you to view detail of that imported dataset, grouped into below sections:
- Imported rows: details of rows being successfully imported
- Skipped rows: details of rows being skipped
- Skipped Parameters: details of parameters being skipped
Figure 1: Import Datasets Result window
Figure 2: Imported rows
Figure 3: Skipped rows
Figure 4: Skipped Parameters