To request assistance with upgrading or to obtain the links to self-upgrade, please click here to fill out the Upgrade Request Form.
In this guide we'll run you through upgrading qTest Sessions from 3.0.9 to 4.0.2 on a CentOS/Ubuntu machine using Docker.
Before you begin
- You will need docker-deployment-4.3 package to perform the upgrade.
- qTest Sessions 3.0.9 was delivered with docker deployment package 4.0 and qTest Sessions 4.0.2 is delivered with docker deployment package 4.3
- qTest Sessions 4.0.2 works with qTest Manager 8.7 and later. So make sure qTest Manager is installed and running in a separate machine.
Upgrade qTest Sessions to 4.0.2
1. Shutdown your previous deployment
1.1 Open Terminal.
1.2 Access to the directory where you extracted the previous docker deployment package 4.0, shut it down and create a backup.
2. Download deployment package
2.1 Download docker-deployment-4.3 package
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
2.2 Extract the package
$ tar -zxf <DOWNLOADED PACKAGE FILE NAME>
2.3 Access to docker-deployment-4.3 directory
$ cd docker-deployment-4.3
3. Configure qTest Sessions
Choose one of the below options to configure qTest Sessions:
3.1 Copy configuration of all applications in your previous docker deployment to the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.3 package.
$ cp -r /path/to/docker-deloyment-4.0/profiles/ .
Above command will copy the old configuration file at /docker-deployment-4.0/profiles/default.in to /docker-deployment-4.3/profiles/default.in
Next, open the file at /path/to/docker-deployment-4.3/profiles/default.in, locate and change the version value to 4.3, as below:
version = "4.3"
3.2 Another option is to use ./configure command and specify sessions application that you want to configure.
$ ./configure --sessions-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<qTest Sessions port>" --sessions-http "<qTest Sessions port>"
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --sessions-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<qTest Sessions https port>" --sessions-https "<qTest Sessions https port>"
4. Upgrade qTest Sessions
Execute command below to upgrade qTest Sessions.
5. Start deployment process
Next, start deployment process by executing startup script which will download application images and qTest Sessions components to the Docker container. It may take a while to complete depending on your network connection.
When it's done, you an access to qTest Sessions and verify the new version.
If steps above was not successful, perform below steps to rollback to qTest Sessions 3.0.9 (docker, images, sessions, sessionslb)
Restore backup data:
# cd /path/to/docker-deployment-4.0
When restore process complete, perform the following steps to completely rollback the data of qTest Sessions 3.0.9
- Open <qTest Sessions URL:port>/admin page. Here <qTest Sessions URL:port> is the URL to access to your qTest Sessions 3.0.9
- Login with your admin account. Note: consult QAS customer support for the admin credentials
- Go to elasticsearch menu item in the left panel
- Click on 'Reindex Data' button
After that, QAS contact customer support to troubleshoot the issue with upgrading qTest Sessions.