To request installation assistance or to obtain the links to self-install, please click here to fill out the New Install Form.
In this guide we'll run you through installing qTest Insights 1.12.2 on a separated CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker.
If you want to deploy qTest Insights on the same machine with qTest Manager, check out this article: Manager 8.7.3 and its components on Docker
Before you begin
Before you install qTest Insights 1.12.2, make sure following things are done:
- qTest Manager 8.7.3 has been deployed using Docker (in a separated machine)
- Your machine needs to satisfy qTest's recommended hardware requirements
- Docker 17.03 has been installed. Follow these instructions to install Docker on your machine
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to devicemapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 16.10 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10
Install qTest Insights 1.12.2
1. Download docker-deloyment-4.3 package
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
2. Extract the package and access the docker-deployment-4.3 directory
$ tar -zxf docker-deployment-4.3.tar.gz
$ cd docker-deployment-4.3
3. Configure before deploying
Access to the directory where you've extracted the docker-deployment-4.3, and run the ./configure command to deploy the package.
The command has to include URL & port of qTest Insights
- If you want to deploy qTest Insights with HTTP, go to step 3.1, ignore 3.2
- If you want to deploy qTest Insights with HTTPS, go to step 3.2
3.1 Configure to deploy HTTP
$ ./configure --insights-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<insights port>" --insights-http "<insights port>" --cluster "<IP address of qTest machine>"
3.2 Configure to deploy HTTPS
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --insights-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<insights https port>" --insights-https "<insights https port>" --cluster "<IP address of qTest machine>"
4. Start the deployment process
The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take couple of hours depending on your network connection.
Once the installation is complete, access to qTest Manager via your browser and setup for qTest Insights.
Set up qTest Insights
Access your Administration page
Under System Configuration page, scroll to section MISCELLANEOUS and enter qTest URL into the field qTest server's Domain.
Scroll to Insights section and enter Insights URL
http://<IP of the machine where you installed qTest Insights>:<Insights port which you've specified in the config file>
Test Connection and save the configuration.
That's it! You now can access qTest Insights via its option in 9box icon
In order for the Insights Scheduler (it is to send scheduled report to your email) to work properly, make sure that you do configure your Email Server in qTest Manager's System Configuration page.