To request assistance with upgrading or to obtain the links to self-upgrade, please click here to fill out the Upgrade Request Form.
In this guide we'll run you through upgrading qTest Insights from 1.11.2 to 1.12.2 on a single CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker.
Before you begin
Before you install qTest Manager, make sure following things are done:
- Upgrade your qTest Manager (Docker) to 8.7.3
- Upgrade your qTest Sessions (Docker) to 4.0.2
Upgrade qTest Insights from 1.11.2 to 1.12.2
1. Shutdown your current deployment
Access to the directory where you've extracted the docker deployment package of qTest Insights 1.11.2 (docker-deployment-4.0), shut it down and create a backup.
2. Download docker-deloyment-4.3 package
This package supports the upgrade of qTest Insights from version 1.11.2 to version 1.12.2
$ wget <ENTER DOWNLOAD LINK HERE>
3. Extract the package
$ tar -zxf docker-deployment-4.3.tar.gz
4. Access to docker-deployment-4.3 directory
$ cd docker-deployment-4.3
Choose either way:
- To keep all applications in your previous deployment being upgraded, override the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.3 with that directory of docker-deployment-4.0
$ cp -r /<path to your docker-deployment-4.0 package>/docker-deloyment-4.0/profiles/ .
- OR use configure command if you want to specify each application to be upgraded (for HTTP)
$ ./configure --insights-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<insights port>" --insights-http "<insights port>"
- OR use configure command if you want to specify each application to be upgraded (for HTTPS)
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --insights-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<insights https port>" --insights-https "<insights https port>"
Upgrading will keep all current data of upgraded applications.
7. After the upgrading process finishes, modify configure file as following
(From this version, we've combined insightsprojectmoduleetl and insightstestcycleetl into insightsetl only)
$ vim profiles/default.in
apps='insights insightslb insightsscheduler insightsetl'
8. Start the deployment process
The script will download the application images and qTest components to the Docker. It may take couple of hours depending on your network connection.