To request assistance with upgrading or to obtain the links to self-upgrade, please click here to fill out the Upgrade Request Form.
In this guide, we will run you through step by step to upgrade qTest Manager from v8.4.4 to v8.7.3 on multiple Windows machines. Please go through the guide below thoroughly before starting your installations.
Before you begin
Before you install qTest Manager, make sure following things are done:
- Your machine needs to satisfy qTest Manager's recommended hardware requirements
- Please follow these instructions back up your data prior to the upgrade process
- Prerequisite applications must be installed and running prior to upgrading qTest
- PostgreSQL v9.5
- RabbitMQ v3.5.4
- Redis v2.8.19
Upgrade qTest Manager
In qTest Manager v8.4.4, the load balancing model include 1 notification node and multiple application nodes. However, from v8.7.3, we will no longer be using the notification node. You will only need to upgrade the application nodes.
In summary, the upgrade process includes steps as below:
- Shutdown all nodes
- Upgrade all application nodes
- If you are using SSL connection, you will need to enable SSL using your proxy tool. From qTest Manager v8.7.3, our installation package no longer support configure SSL
Upgrade application nodes
Upgrading an application node is totally the same as upgrading qTest Manager in a single server. Please follow this instruction but ignore its last section Enable secure connection to qTest Manager.
Enable secure connection to qTest Manager
As you can see while configuring qTest Manager v8.7.3, the installation package does not support SSL as in the previous version. You will need to use any proxy tools (such as HAProxy, nginx) which are being used as your Load Balancer to enable SSL for qTest Manager. In this document, we do not provide instructions to set up SSL using the proxy tool.
Uninstall qTest Manager v8.4.4
After verifying that qTest Manager v8.7.3 is working well, please remember to disable qTest Manager 8.4.4 or uninstall it from the notification node and all application nodes: Open Control panel > Uninstall a program > select to uninstall qTest Product 8.4.4 from the list of removable programs