If your qTest project is not integrated with an external tool like JIRA, Rally, or VersionOne, you can define transition rules for your qTest defects using the Defect Workflow feature. For more details on qTest defects, check out this article: Using the Defects Module.
Project admins can limit their users’ permission to update Defect Status by defining Transition Rules of the Defect Workflow. The Defect Workflow defines Defect Status transitions and which User Profile can perform these transitions.
To use this feature, follow these instructions:
- Under the Gear icon of each project, select Defect Workflow Settings.
- From there, you can define the Transition Rules and enable the workflow.
- To add or remove Transition Rules, click on the Add or Remove icons on the Action column
- To temporarily disable a Transition Rule, deselect its Active checkbox
- To define a Transition Rule, you will need to select appropriate From status values, To status values and User Profiles. You can mark Any to capture any Status or User Profile values regardless of whether they have been created.
- Once the Workflow is enabled, you can preview the Workflow when updating Defect Status on the Defect detail page. It will only list out the Transition Rules which associated with your login user profile
NOTE: Updating Defects using Batch Update or Import Defects functions will also need to follow the Transition Rules