NOTE: A new UFT integration was released in early August 2017 with qTest Manager 8.6, which allows users to trigger and schedule UFT tests using the Test Automation Scheduling model. The legacy approach will be deprecated in January 2018, so if you're configuring UFT integration for the first time, we strongly recommend that you use the new Test Automation Scheduling model to integrate with UFT.
The legacy integration described in this article follows the approach previously known as "Automation Integration V1" to pass in execution results to qTest Manager Test Execution using a command line tool that can kick off UFT scripts which reside on your local machine to report the results back to qTest Manager.
With this legacy approach, automation Test Cases and Test Runs are automatically created in qTest Manager so you will not need to manually create them.
- The UFT and the UFT Integration tool must be installed on the same machine in order for the UFT Integration tool to kick off UFT scripts.
- The integration tool works with UFT v12.52.
To setup and use this integration, see the instructions below.
Enable Automation Integration Settings in qTest
To receive test results submitted by the UFT Integration tool, you need to activate the Automation Integration feature in your qTest Manager project.
- Access your qTest Manager project, click on the Gear icon and select Automation Settings. Switch the Activation Status to ON.
- Map the automation execution results with the corresponding qTest Manager values. Map the UFT test results with the corresponding execution status in qTest Manager. The default UFT results include:
- Click the Save button.
Download UFT Integration Package
Download the UFT Integration Package from the qTest Resources page.
- Access the qTest Resources page from within your qTest Manager project.
- Download the qtestuft.exe file.
Review arguments from the console
After you download the UFT Integration Package exe file, open the Console and execute this command to see all available arguments.
Execute UFT Integration Tool
- From the Console, execute qtestuft.exe and pass in configurations for required arguments.
- Submission progress is logged in the console, so you can monitor it.
- After the submission is completed, you can access your qTest Manager project to verify if Test Cases and Test Runs have been created.
- Configurations can be defined in either the configuration file or via command line arguments. If the same configuration is defined in both places, the UFT Integration tool will use the configurations in the command line arguments.
- One UFT test is created as one Test Case in qTest Manager and its actions are created as Test Steps.