This Administration overview is for qTest Manager version 9.3 and beyond. For an overview of qTest Manager 9.2.7 and previous versions, refer to this article.
qTest Administration includes both Global Administration and Site Administration features. These are only accessible by those with the Site Administrator permission.
Hover over your username and in the drop-down menu, choose Administration.
Global Administration includes the following sections and allows administration of users' entire qTest platforms:
- Licenses: Invite and manage users' information such as passwords and activation status
- Groups: User Groups that affect user permissions and groupings across your entire qTest platform
- Authentication: Manage User Authentication as it pertains to SSO and LDAP
- Configurations: Global time settings and qTest Insights dashboard views
- Security: Password management and log auditing
Site Administration includes the following sections and allows administration of users at the Site and Project levels:
- Site Fields: Manage Site Field templates
- User Profiles: Manage permission based User Profiles taking effect at the Site level
- Projects: Manage and modify projects and their assigned users
- Project Groups: This is a legacy feature used for cross-project reporting. However, all reporting should now be conducted in Insights.
- Reports: The Legacy reporting module. However, we recommend using qTest Insights highly optimized reporting
- Configuration Field Settings: Manage and configure test run configurations at the site-level