In this guide we'll run you through upgrading qTest Insights 1.2 to Insights 1.11.2 on a Windows Machine
Before you begin
Before you upgrade qTest Insights 1.2, make sure following things are done:
- qTest Manager has been upgraded to 8.4.4
- qTest Sessions has been upgraded to 3.0.9
- Access to the server where you install qTest Manager's Database, connect to your Manager database and create a schema for Insights as following instructions:
Connect qTest DB using postgres user
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\bin>psql -h [Your_Postgres_server_address] -U postgres -W [Your_qTest_DBName] Password for user postgres: //enter your password here
Create Insights schema
create schema [Insights_Schema];
Upgrade qTest Insights from 1.2 to 1.11.2
1. Stop current Insights service, Insights Scheduler service
- Open command prompt and type services.msc to open Services window
- On Services window, look for the service named qTest Insights Scheduler and qTest Insights. Stop both of them
2. Install qTest Insights 1.11.2
2.1 Click this link to download the installation package
2.2 Extract the package and access the directory "qtestctl"
2.3 Open the file \qtestctl\qtest.config, modify following section only.
apps = [‘insights’]
host = '<IP address of Postgres server>'
port = <Postgres port>
user = ‘postgres’
pass = '<password of postgres user>'
qtest = '<qTest Manager database>'
session = '<Sessions database>'
//Insights HTTP Port, make sure the port is not being used by other application
httpport = <qTest Insights port>
//Insights Admin Port, make sure the port is not being used by other application
adminport = <qTest Insights admin port>
2.4 Install & Start qTest Insights 1.11.2
Open the console on your machine, change the current path to qtestctl directory and run following command to let Insights run as service and run following command
3. Migrate data from Insights 1.2 to Insights 1.11.2
3.1 Stop Insights 1.11.2
3.2 Migrate Scheduler data
Copy data from directory \qTest Insights 2\local\insights-scheduler\Schedules of Insights 1.2
to new location of Insights 1.11.2 at
3.3 Migrate web data
Under Root folder of Insights 1.2 \qTest Insights 2\local\insights\webapps\ROOT
copy following folders
to new location of Insights 1.11.2 at \qtestctl-windows-x64\qtestctl\insights\build\apache-tomcat-8.5.15\webapps\ROOT
4. Start Insights 1.11.2
Start Insights 1.11.2
That's everything and you now have qTest Insights being upgraded to 1.11.2. You want to access to your qTest Insights instance via browser to verify if the upgrade process completes successfully, then you may want to unintall qTest Insights 1.2.