In this guide we'll run you through installing qTest Parameters 1.1 on a CentOS/Ubuntu Machine
Before you begin
Before you install qTest Parameters 1.1, make sure following things are done:
- qTest Manager 8.4.4 has been deployed
- Your machine needs to satisfy qTest's recommended hardware requirements
- MongoDB 3.2.11 has been installed with replication. Follow these instructions to install MongoDB on your machine.
- After installing MongoDB, follow these steps to create root user and start Mongo service with replica.
- To start MongoDB, run the command:
- Add new root user:
roles: [ "root" ]
- Stop Mongo service and start Mongo service with replica:
mongod --replSet "rs0"
- Run mongo, initiate()
Install qTest Parameters 1.1
1. Download qTest Parameters package
$ wget https://qasymphony.jfrog.io/qasymphony/libs-release/com/qasymphony/qtestctl/1.0/qtestctl-1.0-linux-x64.tgz
2. Extract the package
$ tar -zxf qtestctl-1.0-linux-x64.tgz
3. Access to the package
4. Modify the configure file
Followings are instructions on how to modify the qtest.config file
Specify port and log path for Parameters application
Specify host, authentication information (db, user, pass) to access your Mongo DB, set "replSet" parameter to the replica set you've defined while installing your MongoDB
nohup ./qtestctl start &> /<path to output log file> &
(nohup: prefixing "./qtestctl start" command with nohup to prevent the command from being aborted if you log out or exit the command line)
That's everything and you now have qTest Parameters being installed and started.
Now, you need to connect it to your qTest Manager, access to your qTest Manger and follow steps in the section "Set up qTest Parameters"
Set up qTest Parameters
Access your Administration page
Under System Configuration page, scroll to Parameters section and enter Parameters URL
http://<IP of the machine where you installed qTest Parameters>:<Parameters port which you've specified in the config file>
Test Connection and save the configuration.
Scroll to section MISCELLANEOUS and enter qTest URL into the field qTest server's Domain.
That's it! You now can access qTest Parameters via its option in 9box icon