In this guide we'll run you through installing qTest Parameters 1.1 on a CentOS/Ubuntu Machine
Before you begin
Before you install qTest Parameters 1.1, make sure following things are done:
- qTest Manager 8.4.4 has been deployed
- Your machine needs to satisfy qTest's recommended hardware requirements
- MongoDB 3.2.11 has been installed with replication. Follow these instructions to install MongoDB on your machine.
- After installing MongoDB, follow these steps to create root user and start Mongo service in replication mode.
- To start MongoDB, run the command:
- Add new root user:
roles: [ "root" ]
- Stop Mongo service and start Mongo service in replication mode:
mongod --replSet "rs0"
- Run mongo, initiate()
Install qTest Parameters 1.1
1. Download qTest Parameters package
$ wget https://qasymphony.jfrog.io/qasymphony/libs-release/com/qasymphony/qtestctl/1.0/qtestctl-1.0-linux-x64.tgz
2. Extract the package
$ tar -zxf qtestctl-1.0-linux-x64.tgz
3. Access to the package
4. Modify the configure file
Below are instructions on how to modify the qtest.config file.
Specify the port and log path for the Parameters application.
Specify the following:
- host- this will be your localhost id, not the URL (hostname)
- replSet- the parameter for the replica set defined while installing your MongoDB
- db- database name
- user- username you created while installing your MongoDB
- pass- password you created while installing your MongoDB
Important: If you receive a 403 Forbidden Error, please ensure you are using the localhost id in the host parameter (as stated above), AND starting the MongoDB in replication mode.
nohup ./qtestctl start &> /<path to output log file> &
(nohup: prefixing "./qtestctl start" command with nohup to prevent the command from being aborted if you log out or exit the command line)
Parameters is now installed and started.
Now, you need to connect it to your qTest Manager, access to your qTest Manager and follow steps in the section "Set up qTest Parameters."
Set up qTest Parameters
Access your Administration page
Under System Configuration page, scroll to Parameters section and enter Parameters URL
http://<IP of the machine where you installed qTest Parameters>:<Parameters port which you've specified in the config file>
Test Connection and save the configuration.
Scroll to section MISCELLANEOUS and enter qTest URL into the field qTest server's Domain.
That's it! You now can access qTest Parameters via its option in 9box icon