- Insights 1.11.2 fresh installation are available for either Windows or Docker or Non-Docker Linux
- Check out this article for installation guide of Insights 1.11.2
- Check out this article for upgrading guide (for Docker or Windows) from Insights 1.2 to 1.11.2
- Windows and Docker package have been released on July 14th, 2017
- Non-Docker Linux package has been released on August 14th, 2017
UI updates across whole Insights application for better usability. Following are some major changes:
- Navigation is now a horizontal menu
- New Global filter in the left panel
- Manage saved reports: arrange icons, adjust the report table for better view.
Test Cycle Filter
Test Cycle is now added as a filter criteria. It is applicable for all reports under sub pages of Analysis, Shared Dashboard and Personal Dashboard. To select Test Cycles and Modules, a project must first be selected.
Summary Function in Crosstab Report
Summary Function is added to Crosstab report, provide you with total and subtotal count on the reported data.
Under Explore Data section, there are 2 new views added:
- Sessions: provide data of sessions recorded (using qTest Sessions) together with their associated defects, requirements, test cases, test runs.
- Screens: provide screen information of recorded sessions, including their associated notes, defects
Sessions Shared Charts
Under Shared/Personal Dashboards, there are 3 new sessions panels :
- Exploratory Time Actual vs. Planned
- Requirements Exploratory Test Coverage
- Screens Exploratory Test Coverage
- Reports in the Analysis section
- Shared Dashboard
- Any View in Explore Data
- Saved Reports
To generate embedded script
- Navigate to the desired report you want to show on another webpage.
- Click in the Filter panel, or icon in Explore Data and Saved Reports section. The embedded script will be generated and automatically saved to your clipboard.
Sessions Data for Coverage Analysis
In Coverage Analysis, two columns added:
- Explorer Sessions: the count of explorer sessions associated to a specific test case and requirement (through association of test run)
- Explorer Time: total time spent in explorer sessions associated to a specific test case and requirement
Sessions Data for Velocity Analysis
In Velocity Analysis, two columns added:
- Explorer Sessions: the count of explorer sessions conducted by the tester
- Explorer Time: total time of explorer sessions conducted by the tester
Enhance The Quality Analysis schedule report
The PDF, XLS report for Quality Analysis report now includes all 2 tabs By Project and By Test Cycle
For XLS file, you may need to move around/ arrange the 3 charts for better look.
Change the Test Result by Day (in Quality Analysis) to stacked bar chart
Select the zoom to reload the chart of Test Results by last 30, 60, 90, 180 days or All (all test runs will be counted).
Add option to schedule report in XLS format
User now is able to schedule report in XLS format.
Explore Data - allows multiple options to be set before the page is refreshed.
Instead of refreshing the page for each action an OK button is added. This allows a user to control when the page is refreshed and allows multiple options to be set before the page is refreshed.
- Several performance improvements have been made to the Analysis reports.
- Remove tabs By Configuration, By Release from the Quality Analysis
- Remove the report Test Runs Per Requirement from Coverage Analysis
- Remove Filter People from Quality Analysis, Coverage Analysis, Dashboard. It will only available in Velocity Analysis report.
Limitation and Known Issues
- Do not have support for custom fields; custom values in default fields are supported, but support for custom fields will come in a future release.
- Custom charts added to dashboards will not work with the filters available on the dashboard, they will just use whatever filter is built-in to the custom chart.
- Do not have support for drilldown from custom charts or custom panels
- After this release, the custom reports you added to show in the navigation will not be shown. You will need to re-add them to the navigation. To do so, go to “Saved Reports” and click on “Manage.” Then click the checkbox in the “Show In Menu” column.