To set up a successful integration with JIRA for Defect and Requirements, the required JIRA permission depends whether you're connecting to JIRA Cloud or JIRA Server:
- JIRA Cloud: You are required to have JIRA Global Admin. This permission will be set in JIRA System Global Permissions.
- Note: The global JIRA Admin is only needed as a one time initiation for the entire instance. Afterwards, any JIRA project admin or user with read/write permissions can be used for the qTest Project integration settings for JIRA.
- JIRA Server:
- JIRA Global Admin-this permission is encouraged as it will provide you with optimal performance
- normal JIRA user account- will require the following permissions
- Defect Integration: you will need "Create Issue" and "Link Issues" permissions in the mapped project(s) for mapping JIRA issue types. This permission can be set in JIRA Project's Permission Schemes.
- Requirement Integration: you will need the "Browse Projects" permission in the mapped projects. This permission can be set in Jira Project's Permission Schemes.
- Release Integration: you will need this permission to edit Versions and Sprints for a project.
NOTE: Activating JIRA Service Desk can affect allocated JIRA permissions