qTest Manager provides essential traceability between test cases and requirements. You can establish this traceability on either the requirement or test case object.
Link Requirement to Existing Test Case
To link a requirement to an existing test case, perform the following steps:
- Select Requirements in qTest Manager.
- In the left navigation panel, expand your module. Then, select the requirement.
- In the "Resources" section, select Add. The "Test Cases" dialog displays.
- Select your Test Case that you would like to link to your Requirement. Select Add.
- Select Save.
HINT: A requirement can be linked to more than one test case. To quickly link a test case to many requirements, use the SHIFT and/or CTRL key to select multiple Test Cases in the dialog. Then, select Add.
Link Requirements to Test Cases Video
Note: For highest quality, watch this video in full-screen mode.
Link Requirement to New Test Case
To link a requirement to a new test case, perform the following steps:
- In Requirements, refer to the Create Associated Test Cases area at the bottom of the page.
- Enter a name, type, description, and precondition and click the Create button.
The created test case is automatically linked to the requirement and displays in the Linked Test Cases section in the Resources area of the requirement page.
Once the linked test case is created, you can select the test case to add more details.
Link Test Case to Requirements
In addition to linking a requirement to a new or existing test case, you can also link a test case to an existing requirement. Perform the steps as follows:
- Select the Test Design.
- In the left navigation panel, expand the folder to select the applicable test case.
- In the "Resources" area of the Test Case screen, select Add.
- The "Add Requirements" dialog displays. Select the applicable requirement to link to the test case. Select the Requirements tab.
- Select the proper Requirement in the dialog. Select Add.
HINT: A test case can be linked to more than one requirements. To quickly link a test case to many requirements, use the SHIFT and/or CTRL key to select multiple requirements in the dialog. Then click the Add button.