Assign a Test Run
To assign a test run to a tester, perform the following steps.
- Select the test run in the left panel.
- In the Assigned To field, select the tester who is responsible for executing this test. The list of users in the Assigned To field will display a list of users within this project.
Assign Multiple Test Runs
To assign multiple test runs to a single tester, you can assign the test suite to the tester and then add new test runs to the test suite. Automatically assigning multiple test runs in this way by inheriting the assignment from the test suite works for new test runs only.
NOTE: The Assigned To value is only passed down once you add new test runs to the suite. If you change the Assigned To value of the test suite after the test runs were created, the Assigned To value of these test runs is not updated.
To change the Assignee for multiple test runs, you can use the Batch Edit feature within the Test Run Data Query. For example, if one of your testers, Ali Huffstetler, is going on vacation you can reassign test runs assigned to Ali to another tester. To do so, perform the following steps.
- Select the Data Query icon from the left toolbar within Test Execution. Additionally, you can right click on a suite of tests and choose the Data Query button. This will automatically pull back all test runs in that suite
- Build a query using different criteria, operator(s), and grouping(s) in order to generate a list of test runs you wish to batch assign. The screenshot below shows a Test Run Query with test runs assigned to Ali Huffstetler.
- Select the checkboxes next to the test runs in the Query Results and click Edit.
- In the Batch Edit dialog, select the Assigned To field and the tester who should be newly assigned to these test runs.
To optimize your team’s workflow, you can enable Notification Settings for your project to send email notifications to users when they are assigned to a test run. For more information, refer to the Notification Settings article.
See the article Execute Test Run.