Mobile Explorer extends the features and functionalities of qTest Explorer to the mobile platform, allowing you to perform manual exploratory testing of applications on mobile devices. Mobile Explorer captures screen shots, gestures and typing that occur during the course of a testing session. These sessions can be annotated both locally on the devices as well as in the cloud as part of qTest's Session Manager application. There, the user can view the recording, edit it, and submit any necessary defects to qTest or their integrated bug tracker.
Mobile Explorer is only available with our Enterprise package and can be downloaded from qTest's Resources page.
- Mobile Explorer for Android: 2.1.5
- Mobile Explorer for iOS: 2.1.10
New Features and Changes
- Update the layout of the Explorer Widget to accommodate new setting options
- Ability to hide/show the Explorer Widget using the shake motion on the mobile device
- Users can set Mobile Explorer to automatically start a Session Recording when the application is started
- Recorded Audio files will be synced to the Session Manager
Known Bugs and Limitations
- Some screens are not captured when the user swipes the screen too fast
- Cannot capture the image when navigating Drawer controls (open/close actions)
- If the user changes a screen too fast, some screens are not captured
- Memory leak with applications that consist of large image libraries